Just got the newsletter!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HEY!!

MR. FELL BEAST!!!! :rolleyes :rolleyes :puke

;) :peace

Seriously - They did ask that the newsletter not be published,
but there are no special deals or exclusive offers being posted
this time around, so I don't know if it is a big deal or not in this
specific case. :dunno

Re: Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

mmmmmmmmmmm You might Rabbit......you might........
:p

HUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Seriously - They did ask that the newsletter not be published,

WRONG!!!!

Quote from the Newsletter.........

"Sideshow General Newsletter! - Date: 08/26/05
The information contained in the Sideshow Collectibles newsletter is exclusive to subscribers. The stories, links and pre-orders contained within this e-mail will not be posted live on SideshowCollectibles.com until the week after this newsletter has arrived"

So the same rules apply.........:rolleyes

Re: HUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How strict do we need to be about this issue? Technically, a post like this, for example:

"Hey everybody, I just read in the newsletter that Aragorn and Legolas/Gimli got pushed back to 2nd quarter 2006."

...technically, that is "information contained in the Sideshow Collectibles newsletter" which they intend to be "exclusive to subscribers." If we strictly went by that statement, then we would have very little to discuss on these boards. Is it OK to discuss things like shipping date changes or edition size announcements, even though that is technically "exclusive newsletter information"? And is that sentence really any different than pasting the same info from the newsletter? After that, you have something like this, for example:

"Hey- The newsletter says that they just put Orthanc up for a second chance offer, first come first serve with only 5 pieces available!"

That would be newsletter exclusive information suddenly viewable by anybody looking at this site, newsletter subscriber or not. File a post like that under "unwanted attention." Now, here it is debatable because anybody who happened to go to Sideshow's Website could find that second chance offer themselves by simply looking around. However, the info pointing them there can be considered exclusive and tip off people who are not subscribed to the newsletter- should it be posted?

Finally, and most obviously, you sometimes have an exclusive link that takes you to an offer or preorder that is exclusively available to newsletter subscribers, like when Grievous went up. That link could not be found by simply navigating the SS website. We can probably agree that that is exclusive info and should not be posted.

So, where do we draw the line in what can be posted, paraphrased, or discussed when the newsletter starts rolling in on Fridays? (...and I know that there are people who don't always get theirs on time...but that's another issue...)

CRAP..........
I wanted all the statues to ship by the end of the year as I wanted to have all my shelves arranged and finished...

:cry

i'm glad for the hold up on the Aragorn and Legolas pieces...

gives more time for everyone to pool thier loot...

The extended dates are good for me too. I will have time to heal after Christmas. I would have thought this will reduce the possibility of cancellations as the first quarter could have been affected by Christmas.

Don`t forget Jan/Feb will be paying the Crimbo Debts!.Lol
not to dampen the spirit:bang2

Yea, I realise it is best for the majority of people for the delay and I won't cry too hard..:lol
:rock

Gut news! And I hope the ferry is pushed back but I did get the 21 days e-mail...
Maybe they pushed some back because they really do listen to us ;)

Back