Just finished my Display Cabinet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the 38" 30watt light fixture out and returned it for a 48" 40watt one,that 38" just wasn't giving me enough light.I think it looks a lot better now.This 48" fixture I had to wire a plug to because the hardware store that I bought it from didn't have any wired one's.The Little blocks you see up underneath the fixture are there so when I screwed it in place I didn't go through the other side.I could have cut them so you couldn't see them but who the hell is going to be looking up under there,plus it was late and I didn't feel like busting out the saw.I just wanted to get the damn thing in.Here's some pics with the new light.
DSC00483.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

Looks great man, but just a word to the wise, neon lights can fade a collectible. Suck the color right out of it.

Very nice work! When you go to the glass shop, I'd take a printout of the picture with the older cabinet off to the side. Let him see what you're trying to match. He may just be leery of selling pieces that size to someone who may not know what they're doing, and come back to him to try to exchange. Let us know if his tune changes when the photo shows him you're a pro.

Very nice work! When you go to the glass shop, I'd take a printout of the picture with the older cabinet off to the side. Let him see what you're trying to match. He may just be leery of selling pieces that size to someone who may not know what they're doing, and come back to him to try to exchange. Let us know if his tune changes when the photo shows him you're a pro.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.I think I am gonna take some pics with me.He told me last week over the phone that building display cabinets and glass for them was the main thing he did and that it was his bread and butter.So yeah,he just thinks I probably don't know my sh**.I know his type though.There's a lot of people in the builder buisness that get big headed and have a god complex and don't like it when someone else is at their level or exceeds it,Im not one of those.But like you said maybe when he sees the display he'll change his tune.Im suppose to see him today so we'll see.Oh and thanks for the tip Nikto on neon lights but I don't plan on using them anyway.

Back