Just bought my 49th 12" Sideshow figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plastic_addiction

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I was curious where 49 would rank me (as far as collection size goes) among other collectors. So how many do you have? Give me a number and help me feel better about my compulsion (Sideshow only please).

I only got 5 Sideshow Figs left. I think 49 is a lot. Congrats ...

I am more into Medicom and HT. I got more Medicoms than HT and SSC together.

i would start worrying when they stop being sideshow and start being hot toys or better yet wait till you start buying pf's if you havent already.....ouch! but who cares :eek:, as collectors its our money so......:cool: .btw i think im on more or less the same amount of 1/6 figs as you.

My 1/6 collection is relatively small right now with 6 Hot Toy's figures, 3 Sideshow figures, 1 DCD, and 1 Medicom figure, but it is growing! And I've just recently decided to become a selective PF collector too. :D

Congrats. I've got 94 12" SSC figs (not counting the customs that have some SSC parts).

I can't bring myself to own that many SSC 12" because of diminishing returns. One good PF or 1:1 bust trumps a couple of good 12".

The only 1/6 that I have that are SSC's are my LotR figures. All the rest are HT or Medicom.

Wow well can we see your collection then?

As for me I have around 30 pieces right now but that is because of selling for bigger pieces.

You'd have to look on page 17 of "Show Your Shelves" :lol

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18138

Once I get my new set-up done I intend on updating with a new thread-- That one is sadly wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of date.

Suffice it to say that I've got:

-The complete 1/6 SW SSC collection (with Medi/customs and multiples [rebel troopers for my eventual Tantive IV hallway skirmish]) either in hand or soon to be shipped (stormies).
- The complete 1/6 Bond SSC collection (minus the Legacy Brosnon) with a couple of customs.
- The complete 1/6 SSC LOTR collection (for whatever that means :monkey4)
- The knights (and Patsy) from Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail.
- Highlander
- Key movie characters (Hellboy, Van Helsing, Frankenstein, Ash...etc.)
- Both Shaun of the Dead figs with a schoolgirl zombie as their date
- Indiana Jones SSC (multiple Indys and the Exc. Belloq)

and in addition to the SSC 1/6 I've got the HT Batman ones (Bats, both Jokers, Two-Face) and several of the Medi Indys (KOTCS Indy with Mutt as well as Henry Jones Sr.).

The 1/6 lines are great but once you get sucked into the 1:1 and the PF's you're done. I've got almost every SW Pf and of course the Indy PF-- So far I've held off on the 1:1 with just the Yoda in my collection (with Grievous ordered).

Anyway, like I said my former thread in the my shelves section is sadly out of date but hopefully I'll be able to update soon.

Collect for life.:D

I can't bring myself to own that many SSC 12" because of diminishing returns. One good PF or 1:1 bust trumps a couple of good 12".

I'm right in the middle where I can't really label one better than the other. So to win I have both representations. :D I have to admit though the 1:1's or PF's do impress me more.

I'm right in the middle where I can't really label one better than the other. So to win I have both representations. :D I have to admit though the 1:1's or PF's do impress me more.

I think if you're a minimalist with your collection and only want one or two pieces from a specific movie series then definitely just focusing on those stunning (key) PF's or 1:1 is really the way to go. I find that most completist are also 1/6 junkies.:lol

I think if you're a minimalist with your collection and only want one or two pieces from a specific movie series then definitely just focusing on those stunning (key) PF's or 1:1 is really the way to go. I find that most completist are also 1/6 junkies.:lol

Hehe agreed :D It took me almost 2 full years to come to this realization. I now have 5 themes.

TDK
Jason Voorhees
Terminator
Rocky
Rambo

Sure I have a few odd pieces here and there but these are my only priorities from now on. I think its more rewarding to have sets compared to a little of everything.

There are many cases where I'll prefer 12" figure over a larger, more expensive piece. I treat the 1/6 line as individual pieces, like statues, not as something to complete.

Medicom's Jango is such a perfect representation of the character, that I wouldn't want a PF of him. He's not that important of a character, so I'm happy with that scale.

Having a limited budget and space, I'd rather focus on the most elite pieces.. though that doesn't always have to be a PF or 1:1 bust. I want some character variety in my collection, but I do like the idea of character focuses. With SW that's kind of hard to do since there are so many fringe characters.

It has been over such a long period of time it never felt like I was spending a lot. I started buying them when the Universal Monsters were still available at Toys R Us. I have kept the 1/4 scale to a minimum. I only have the color versions of wolfman, phantom, and Dracula.

Doing a quick inventory it looks like I have 85 Sideshow figures right now, with a few more on pre-order.

Back