Jurassic Park T rex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxon

Super Freak
Reaction score
How about getting Stan Winston to do a big T-rex maquette!
Not a bust, something around the 1/10 scale or larger. I know he has a 1/5 maquette in his showroom.

that would make my collection worth looking at with a awsome model of the T-Rex!!!

1/10 scale would be 4 FEET long and and 14 1/2 inches tall at the hips. I can't speak for the rest of you, but my shelves aren't that big. While I loved the film(dinos are a specialty of mine) I'll be content with my Horizon model, thank you...PS

Just remember the Predator bust and maquette, Alien queen and warrior busts, and Pumpkinhead maquette, among others. Since they already have a solid and fruitful working relationship with Stan Winston, it seems like the Jurassic license could at least be a possibility. I could see a Jurassic piece along the lines of the Tremors Graboid, the Jaws maquette, or the Reign of Fire bust. Sideshow has a special place in their hearts for monsters, and the T-Rex is one of the great big scary beasts in movie history.

wax murderer said:
1/10 scale would be 4 FEET long and and 14 1/2 inches tall at the hips. I can't speak for the rest of you, but my shelves aren't that big. While I loved the film(dinos are a specialty of mine) I'll be content with my Horizon model, thank you...PS

Then make it 1/15 or 1/20 scale.

I too would be interested in seeing a Jurassic Park line. While most of it would likely be beyond my financial means, I'm sure it would be a huge hit.

Hmm...perhaps that could be the new license being announced???? (I know...I doubt it...)

wax murderer said:

Yes indeedy - Here's a link to my custom painted T-Rex statue, which is
1:10th scale, and it is 4 feet long and around 2 feet tall:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11232&highlight=T-rex

It is the closest I found to the Jurassic Park T-Rex, and I'd absolutely love
for Sideshow or SWS to come out with an "official" JP line of statues and busts.

Here's my custom 1:5th scale T-Rex bust, taken right from the original JP T-Rex:

052406statuecollectiontrex2qk.jpg

I don't imagine that SWS would make a bust that big, but if they ever do
make any of the JP dinos, I'd certainly be buying many of them.
I'd want them 1:20th scale minimum, and hopefully bigger though.

JS

JSAuctionService said:
Yes indeedy - Here's a link to my custom painted T-Rex statue, which is
1:10th scale, and it is 4 feet long and around 2 feet tall:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11232&highlight=T-rex

It is the closest I found to the Jurassic Park T-Rex, and I'd absolutely love
for Sideshow or SWS to come out with an "official" JP line of statues and busts.

Here's my custom 1:5th scale T-Rex bust, taken right from the original JP T-Rex:

052406statuecollectiontrex2qk.jpg

I don't imagine that SWS would make a bust that big, but if they ever do
make any of the JP dinos, I'd certainly be buying many of them.
I'd want them 1:20th scale minimum, and hopefully bigger though.

JS

JS, you need to check out Cap's pics at SF of his recent JP addition if you haven't seen them yet. It's acustom as well and looks outstanding. Don't remember the scale though.

If you could point me in the right direction, thread-wise, I'll check it out!

There was recently a Bronze T-Rex statue on Ebay that was one of the
limited editions from SWS made. It looked very nice, but was very small.

JS

Found it! Wow. They've been holding out on me!
I'm gonna have to get me one of those if possible.

JS

Dwimmerlaik, if you have a chance at a Horizon JP kit, GRAB IT! The Horizon kits were absolutely awesome, patterned off the studio maquettes. The Rex is particularly nice; at 1/16 scale it's a impressive without being unwieldy.The pose is kinda static, but that's about the only"negative", and a minor one at that...PS

JSAuctionService said:
Found it! Wow. They've been holding out on me!
I'm gonna have to get me one of those if possible.

JS

I knew you would like it. Yeah, I don't remember seeing them mention it before.

Jurassic Park piece was one of the biggest disappointments I ever had. Sideshow needs to either do it right or not do it at all. It's not fair that we waited so long for this license and they came up with that piece. A T-Rex maquette, even a 1/15 would be just the best.

Listen to your customers, sideshow....please...

Jurassic Park piece was one of the biggest disappointments I ever had. Sideshow needs to either do it right or not do it at all. It's not fair that we waited so long for this license and they came up with that piece. A T-Rex maquette, even a 1/15 would be just the best.

Listen to your customers, sideshow....please...

What's your problem with the diorama? I like how it looks, but I wish it was bigger.

Then make it 1/15 or 1/20 scale.

I too would be interested in seeing a Jurassic Park line. While most of it would likely be beyond my financial means, I'm sure it would be a huge hit.

Hmm...perhaps that could be the new license being announced???? (I know...I doubt it...)

I'm sculpting many JP dinosaurs and life-size busts. I also have some original Stan Winston Studio pieces in my collection including the Stegosaur below. Please visit my website at www.myjurassicpark.com for more info!

stego-board.jpg

Back