Joker Rising - R-Rated Fan Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the key to making a good fan film, is simply just writing a decent to good script. The problem a lot of fan film makers have is, they want moments, and nothing more.

They want to make a movie about Deadpool shooting people and making funny come backs. OK...sure. But that's boring. Guy wants to make a movie about Batman fighting a Predator...once again, kinda boring. It makes for a fun 5 minute short, but anything more then that...eh.

Make your audience care about whatever character you're adapting. Doesn't matter if it's Batman, or Deadpool. Make your audience actually give a **** about him/her. Don't just throw their tropes in the air and call that a film. It ain't.

And I've seen some of that Half Life flick. Really great stuff. That's a good example of a fan film that works.

I think the key to making a good fan film, is simply just writing a decent to good script. The problem a lot of fan film makers have is, they want moments, and nothing more.

They want to make a movie about Deadpool shooting people and making funny come backs. OK...sure. But that's boring. Guy wants to make a movie about Batman fighting a Predator...once again, kinda boring. It makes for a fun 5 minute short, but anything more then that...eh.

Make your audience care about whatever character you're adapting. Doesn't matter if it's Batman, or Deadpool. Make your audience actually give a **** about him/her. Don't just throw their tropes in the air and call that a film. It ain't.

And I've seen some of that Half Life flick. Really great stuff. That's a good example of a fan film that works.

:goodpost: very well said .

Back