Joker DX01 or Bank Robber 2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Joker figure would you buy?

• Total voters

Ppk487

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I collect Hot Toys and I currently have 4 in my collection and 3 on pre-order. Last year when I bought my house I sold half my collection at the time to free up some funds for home renovations. While I did make a substantial profit I am able to live with selling all but one of my figures; DX11 Joker 2.0 Sideshow Exclusive. I am so very annoyed with myself for selling him, and no way would I pay the outrageous bids I have seen for him. I have treated myself to all the BvS Hot Toys 1/6 Figures through pre-order and I could afford to grab another. I've seen some new Joker Bank Robber 2.0 figures out there for around $300 brand new and I've also seen some used but MINT Joker DX01 for a little more. I need to get one of the two to replace my only Heath Joker figure I've had. My question is what do you guys think is the more prized piece of the two? I think the head sculpt on both is fantastic truthfully.

Let me know.

So far with two votes its split. This is going to be tough. If it helps the decision making process, the DX01 will be a little over $100 more and used/mint.

I had dx11 and sold it. Regretted it and had to buy him again. Paid 500.00 shipped and he was brand new. Will never sell him again.

I would go with Bank Robber 2.0. It appears to be a figure up to modern HT-level quality, which trumps that of figures from 2008. And I personally think that's the best Joker sculpt Hot Toys produced. DX01 is pretty dated now. Coat pales next to that of DX11, primary head sculpt leaves much to be desired, and is prone to breakage. I think the cop look is pretty good, though.

Having had them all, I'd say bank robber joker2.0.
I'd never let that go-iconic with the nolan trilogy-captures everything the dark knight was about and an amazing figure that can't be topped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the sculpt on the DX01 more than the DX11, but outfit-wise DX11 wins. The sculpt on the Bank Robber 2.0 might have a slight edge over DX01, but it really boils down to how much you want the classic purple coat outfit.

Alright so I went with Bank Robber 2.0 Joker. Got him at $299 brand new sealed in the shipper box. It was a tough call but damn I wish I still kept my DX11. I debated emailing the guy I sold him to since he lives not too far and we actually met up to sell figures but I know he would only be interested in trading and I think he wants my Keaton which I wouldn't give up. Maybe some day I'll find the DX11 EX for a reasonable price.

I would go with the Bank Robber 2.0 + a set of the knock-off clothing. Might be a less expensive way to have both looks and I agree with those who've said the BRJ 2.0 has the best of the Hot Toys sculpts.

What else bums me is the DX11 had such a nice box and packaging as well. Don't know why Hot Toys doesn't do anymore DX figures like that.

Would it be wise to say that the DX11 was Hot Toys best figure to date all around?

I don't really regret selling Bane, Catwoman, or Batman Begins Batman, just Joker 2.0.

Yeah, I would say Sparrow DX and Vito Corleone are probably the best human figures they put out. Not my favorites, but so well done, particularly when you factor in the whole package including the box, accessories, etc. DX11's sculpt is off. That's always going to create a problem for me if you're talking about "best all-around figure" type discussions. But the amount of accessories and options it gives you is great.

I didn't think the head sculpt on the DX11 was flawless either but the figure itself is just so iconic. The bank robber 2.0 head sculpt looks phenomenal though.

How much does a regular DX11 go for nowadays? I've been thinking of selling mine because I've been more into collecting Star Wars figures recently.

Sold my DX01 for an awesome price but still miss it.
So im waiting for the 3.0 --10 year anniversary joker.... wishing thinking but its gotta come.

I sold my DX11 EX along with my Bane for $750 last year both used and displayed but obviously MINT. Bane I don't miss so much but the Joker has been haunting me ever since. I only did it because I had just bought my house at the time. I too hope they make a 3.0, I'll pre-order it in a second. At least I'll have 8 figures in my collection again, I just hope Batman from BvS doesn't look flabby like in the promo pics. I'm also going to pre-order Harley Quinn and Jared Leto's Joker. For now I'm just happy to have a Heath figure again.

The only figures I own I bought outside of Sideshow was my DX09 Batman and now my Joker 2.0 bank robber.

Just an update. So I searched around and found a used but mint DX11 EX version. Seller didn't have the brown shipper box but I told him just make sure its wrapped up nice for me. He took $425 shipped. Yes I splurged on rebuilding my collection but I just couldn't resist.

My "perfect" joker is DX01 with Bank robber 2.0 head. You could just sell off the DX01 head and pretty much recoup for the cost of the Bank robber 2.0 head. You can even sell off all the cop joker stuff from DX01, IMO pretty cheap way of getting the "best" version.

----

Back