Joker Arkham Asylum Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$450 is way higher than I thought this would be--I was expecting $400. I've got the comic Joker PF so I'll probably pass on this one. I like the way this looks though. I know there are other issues involved in SS raising their prices but I wonder if the $20 codes every month and the reward points they offer are actually starting to play a part since they know everyone is waiting to use them. Or is that such a small group that it doesn't really matter?

Ouch, I wrote quite a bit and then *poof* it vanished when I tried to grab a quote! Oops! :slap Ah well, the short version (which may still turn out long, because, well, I type a lot! :lol)

While this is a superb looking piece, I think it speaks quite a bit that almost everyone posting here is saying $399 would've been the sweet spot makes it seem like Sideshow may be hitting their PF ceiling in pricing -- at least for the mass market they've been acquiring over the years! $399 is not cheap at all, but it's also an expense that may can justify as collectors and spread it out over time with other orders. Now that they seem to be reaching $425+ for a piece, even though that's just a couple of visits to a fast food restaurant added on, it's more than a lot of people will likely be willing to spend...at least not in the moderation that they may have been accustomed to.

Maybe it's a licensing thing, and Rocksteady and DC both needed a piece of the pie which caused the price jump -- much like other pricier PFs like Machiko. But even if that's the case, just the reaction of people here gives off the feeling that $399 for a mass produced statue is the sweet spot (of course, many wish it would be even sweeter at a lower point!)

I guess we'll see how this one sells and go from there. I get the feeling that this would've flown off the shelves at $399 -- and maybe even had people clamoring enough for a Batman counterpart that they'd be willing to pay $449 for him without REALLY complaining too much (there's gotta be SOME complaining, and Batman looks like he's going to be a stunning sculpt even from the back view we see in those pictures!). Who knows, maybe people have way more money than I think and he'll fly off the shelves regardless :lol I just think they're close to hitting their ceiling, if they haven't already, for the wide audience they cater to!

$450 is way higher than I thought this would be--I was expecting $400. I've got the comic Joker PF so I'll probably pass on this one. I like the way this looks though. I know there are other issues involved in SS raising their prices but I wonder if the $20 codes every month and the reward points they offer are actually starting to play a part since they know everyone is waiting to use them. Or is that such a small group that it doesn't really matter?

I'm guessing it doesn't really matter enough for them to work it into their pricing -- at least to the degree prices overall seem to be rising. It's funny, Target recently closed up in Canada because they weren't able to keep up with demand and basically didn't expand properly. They moved up into a hundred and something stores, couldn't restock things, and basically fizzled out almost everywhere. They filed for bankruptcy or something and boom, gone.

They had a "liquidation" sale which was horrible...they said everything must go, and then took everything off sale and just discounted it 10%-30%...so basically you could go almost anywhere that had a flyer with a sale and get a better price. Hell, most things were cheaper at Target before their liquidation sale! I'm not even sure if that all fits in with what I'm trying to say, but it made sense when I started typing, so I'll leave it. :lol

Basically, I don't believe Sideshow ups their cost a couple of dollars a statue to make up for rewards points or coupons. I think those are incentives to buy more and feel like you're getting a bit of a deal. And even if they do work a bit into each statue, I don't think it'd equal out to the overall jump in pieces if this becomes the standard.

It's crazy to see the care and detail that goes into these prototypes. It really does look impressive.

Agreed that the price is a bit high.

And also, like another member said, this is one fine case where "EX or fail" applies quite a bit.

Imma have to think hard on this. Bats and Joker are likely to be 1K easily. Even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EX will sell out pretty fast you think? Did they post the ES on it?

The edition size won't go up for a couple of months, likely! They tend to TBD these things for quite a bit in most cases to get a feel for the market. As for the EX selling out, yeah, that'll definitely be gone faster than the regular edition. If this is one you want, then even with the price jump I'd say don't wait around too long if you want to nab the EX.

The edition size won't go up for a couple of months, likely! They tend to TBD these things for quite a bit in most cases to get a feel for the market. As for the EX selling out, yeah, that'll definitely be gone faster than the regular edition. If this is one you want, then even with the price jump I'd say don't wait around too long if you want to nab the EX.
Haha, I figured the $20 coupon will be next to nil at this price anyways. I definitely want a Joker in my collection. Space is definitely becoming a problem with these 1/4 haha, especially with TDK Joker and Batman yet to come...

Haha, I figured the $20 coupon will be next to nil at this price anyways. I definitely want a Joker in my collection. Space is definitely becoming a problem with these 1/4 haha, especially with TDK Joker and Batman yet to come...

Yeah, for sure. I mean, if the price doesn't push you away then this really is a fantastic piece! I don't think anyone would knock the sculpt at all! But if you're going to get it, then you might as well jump on early and guarantee the extra (and likely preferred by many) headsculpt!

Yeah, for sure. I mean, if the price doesn't push you away then this really is a fantastic piece! I don't think anyone would knock the sculpt at all! But if you're going to get it, then you might as well jump on early and guarantee the extra (and likely preferred by many) headsculpt!

Well with taxes this month. I'll have to wait until next month either way. I really do like this piece the price not so much. I am worried about there being PVC on this though. There's something about the look of the head sculpt that makes me think PVC. I like the design a lot more than comic joker PF.

Day one PO for sure on the EX! Not going to chase the line, though. Money and space. I have the EX Batman PF already, Bat Girl on PO, and soon I'll add this Joker! Personally, the only other Batman PF I'd like to have would be the Scarecrow. Part of me wants it to be the mystery third PF from this line, but the other part does NOT :lol

Day one PO for sure on the EX! Not going to chase the line, though. Money and space. I have the EX Batman PF already, Bat Girl on PO, and soon I'll add this Joker! Personally, the only other Batman PF I'd like to have would be the Scarecrow. Part of me wants it to be the mystery third PF from this line, but the other part does NOT :lol

:goodpost:

Not going to lie, I will be ordering this.

That said, I can see the writing on the wall, and I can't think of any other DC villians I like enough to spend that kind of coin on again. Thats ok, with the Joker I will have a pretty solid villains line of the sirens plus Joker/Sinestro, I can live with that lineup.

Well atleast I have one more day to decide what to do. I may cancel my EX Jean Grey or EX Dr Doom for this

Back