Johnny Depp to play Pee Wee Herman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still remember Pee-Wee's Playhouse from when it was an adult-oriented show on HBO. I wonder if the movie will go the kid's show route or play more for adults?

I dont remember this. I never knew Pee-Wee started as an adult show:confused:

And I would be down to see Deep play Pee-Wee.

This would be awesome, but Burton HAS to direct. I remember the HBO special very well - he started out as a parody of a kid's show host with lots of sexual entendre. With Reubens writing the thing, it could be hilarious.

Before the HBO special, it started as a live show in L.A. I think it was at the Groundlings. It was more like Ave. Q or those cartoons by Robert Smigel on SNL.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! :monkey4

Depp is my Favorite actor of all time and Pee-wee is my favorite character but this should NEVER happen. The only one that should ever play Pee-wee is Ruebens. He IS Pee-wee...

Or they could actually have Pee-Wee play him. Paul Rebeuns has been great on Pushing Daisies

Maybe Rebeuns is unavailable. :monkey1

Actually, this has started to gnaw at me. How could they do a Pee-Wee movie with someone else playing Pee-Wee? He's not Doctor Who after all.

Maybe Rebeuns is unavailable. :monkey1

Actually, this has started to gnaw at me. How could they do a Pee-Wee movie with someone else playing Pee-Wee? He's not Doctor Who after all.

Don't joke about those things. Everyone loves David in the role, he might get ideas to move on. :lol Really though at one point they were going to try to "Americanize" Who and just no. As for Pee-Wee, for me it's Ruebens or no one, I grew up on the CBS show and I cannot imagine anyone else doing the crew cut, voice and suit like him.

Or they could actually have Pee-Wee play him. Paul Rebeuns has been great on Pushing Daisies

Nice another Pushing Dasies fan. I thought my wife and I were the only ones watching, no one else i've talked to has a clue about it. And yes he has been great on there, last night's was really good and the ending is a great set up...

As for Pee-wee, I'm overly obsessed and have been for years. He's always been a personal hero of mine and last year I got to live out a life long dream and met Reubens while he was at a local con:

MeAndPeeWee1.jpg

So would this be a movie about making the show... kind of a behind the scenes drama, or like a 2 hour episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse?

Either way, color me intrigued!

I've only see bits and pieces of the HBO stuff, glad to here its on DVD, I'll definitely check it out. I loved Pee Wee when I was younger and it was awesome watching the episodes again on Adult Swim, hopefully if this is true it can capture some of that magic.

When was he on 30 Rock? He was really good in Dirt, too. He seems to be getting some juicy guest starring roles on TV recently.

Back