John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like this movie. action sequence were nice...but too much cgi fake blood splatter. i wish they used blood squib practical effects.

You forgot what pushed him over the edge. Page 3 - Stolen Boss Mustang.

Never fauk with a mans car.

the car was a give away. this movie has you written all over it. :lol

Caught this with the gf a week or so ago, we both enjoyed it a lot.

Loved the world they created. The gunplay was great - we have a supposed pro here actually using two hands when shooting his pistols and bringing it in close in arms-length confrontations - Keanu is one cool dude when it comes to that, his work in Street Kings showed it too.

I really liked this movie too. The gunplay really was great. It reminded me a bit of the Gun Kata in the movie Equilibrium. You guys should also check out the movie he directed called Man Of Tai Chi.

Caught this with the gf a week or so ago, we both enjoyed it a lot.

Loved the world the created. The gunplay was great - we have a supposed pro here actually using two hands when shooting his pistols and bringing it in close in arms-length confrontations - Keanu is one cool dude when it comes to that, his work in Street Kings showed it too.

i like that movie too. the solo raid in the beginning was fantastic.

I really liked this movie too. The gunplay really was great. It reminded me a bit of the Gun Kata in the movie Equilibrium. You guys should also check out the movie he directed called Man Of Tai Chi.

Enjoyed that movie. Keanu did a great job with the fight choreography. Too bad it didn't get much attention. Hope he keeps cranking out action/martial arts movies.

really liked this show, never seemed to be a dull moment......guess he's taking the double tap literally......one to the body, one to the head....don't think I've ever seen a movie with that many head shots.....

Very few movies/directors pay much attention to gunplay. Michael Mann is always a sure thing, going back to his debut film Thief. Also films with Christopher McQuarrie directing/writing have great gun scenes, check out The Way of the Gun. The movie Ronin was great, using the same tech advisor Mann uses, former SAS man Mick Gould.

This IGN article refers to an "Oh" delivered by Viggo that was supposed to be "one of the greatest in movie history" and I was wondering if anyone knew what the reviewer was referring to in the movie....

John Wick Review - IGN
Far better is Michael Nyqvist as his father. The Swedish actor made his name as the star of the original Girl With the Dragon Tattoo flicks, and here he delivers a hilariously deadpan performance and steals pretty much every scene that he’s in, most notably when he delivers what may well be the greatest ‘Oh’ in movie history.

It was pretty good.

Here's a breakdown of the script.

Page 2 - Dead dog​

Aaaaaand this is where they lose me. Yeah I'm one of those. Can't deal with that. Kill people all you want but the dog...I aint watchin'. I've heard its an horrific scene too so no.

Oh well.​

It hit me hard too, I felt very uncomfortable. That action alone led me to really hate the villain, and I actually wanted to see him suffer even more than he did at the hands of Wick. Does that make me a sadist? I love dogs, and that one was just an innocent pup. :(

Aaaaaand this is where they lose me. Yeah I'm one of those. Can't deal with that. Kill people all you want but the dog...I aint watchin'. I've heard its an horrific scene too so no.

Oh well.

I'm with you on the whole hate seeing dogs hurt or killed in movies but it's not gratuitous at all in this movie. It's quick.

Really fun action flick, didnt know what to expect going in, but it was the best action movie I've seen in the past few years. Beats the hell out of Equalizer and all the Liam Neeson films. "John Wick" had more style then all of those combined. Wouldnt mind seeing Wick return for another film.

Back