John Carter free of Disney, new reboot underway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually thought the Disney adaption of John Carter of Mars was very good. I find it hard for someone to beat it, but it is possible... Poor marketing on that one and released during a down time.

Last edited:
yeah i liked it a lot too. I was surprised at it failing,

but it was all the fault of the guy in charge of marketing, he ruined this movie

Yip i loved the disney version 2 (and have it), dont worry about that guys. It was Disney was never going to do another one and i hear they are expensive to deal with for gaining licensing rights.:wink1:

Great film - glad you guys agree, & YES - absolute box heads in charge of selling it.

I would've preferred the existing universe to continue with Kitsch & Lily, but ah well.

A new series could be even better in the right hands. :)

I thought the movie was great so I'm a little sad to hear this. But I guess if Disney had not intention of continuing the movies then I can't blame them for moving on.

I had high hopes for the Disney movie. I didn't love it. But it was good and didn't deserve the bad reputation that it got. I don't see the point in a reboot to be honest. Too bad Nick isn't announcing a reboot a Avatar free of M. Night Shyamalon. Now that's a worthy franchise that deserves a second chance.

I enjoyed the first film as well. It would be rad if they could somehow just make the sequels with the same cast and continue the story, rather than rebooting the whole thing.

I actually thought the Disney adaption of John Carter of Mars was very good. I find it hard for someone to beat it, but it is possible... Poor marketing on that one and released during a down time.

I agree. I loved the movie.

Back