Joewolf's figures - Bill from Left4Dead games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joewolf's figures (with links) -- From Dusk Till Dawn: Seth Gecko George Clooney

From Dusk Till Dawn Seth Gecko

I've wanted a From Dusk Till Dawn action figure since the movie came out in 1996 (17 years ago, fellas!). My skills and the availability of civvie parts in this hobby have both finally progressed to the point where I can get a figure that doesn't look like total crap. I still wish there was a better Clooney headsculpt out there, but this is the best I can do for now.

Apologies for the vanilla pix. One day I'll make a base for this and try to shoot something tricked out as is the fashion now.

FORMULA:
Body: Triad EVO -- Neck lengthened (This is an underrated figure! No other smooth arm bod has its range of articulation!)
Head: Three Kings Clooney + Wahlberg 2-pack set-- De-aged, sculpted new hairdo
Gun: Intoyz Cold Python -- Turned into shorty Astra-Unceta Terminator
Vest: Art Figures -- dyed
Wife Beater: Mattel Ken -- Yes!!
Pants: Unknown suit -- definitely came from one of the contemporary over-priced ones
Cowboy Boots: Triad -- repainted and weathered

shootinggunmiddle.JPG

fullbody.JPG

head_front.JPG

head_left.JPG

head_right.JPG

python_gunright.JPG

pythongun_left.JPG

boots0.JPG

boots1.JPG

boots2.JPG

Re: Joewolf's figures (with links) -- From Dusk Till Dawn: Seth Gecko George Clooney

tattoo_front.JPG

tattoo_side.JPG

torso.JPG

onshelfyellow.JPG

Looks great. On a side note I noticed that the bottom of your pics show famousfigure.com. Is this that same as the site from a few years ago that list all the look a likes?

Thanks, Dwing!

Yes, that's my site. It's on hiatus at the moment however.

Looks great!! Only suggestion is to lower the head on the neck as the neck looks a bit long right now.

Finally, a decent bash of Seth! Nice work. I was not aware there was a Clooney sculpt out there. I'd love to hear more about the original sculpt.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Finally, a decent bash of Seth! Nice work. I was not aware there was a Clooney sculpt out there. I'd love to hear more about the original sculpt.

Yep, it came out in a set packaged with a Mark Wahlberg head. It was based on their appearance in Three Kings clearly. There were also Ice Cube + Iraqi guy sets plus DeNiro & Kilmer Heat sets.

They were old school hollow vinyl heads like Dragon Models used to use. Not bad for their time period, but they look dated nowadays.

Here's a pic of it:

headclooney.jpg

headpackage.jpg

So I just modified the head to look younger, sculpted a new hairdo, and repainted it.

Looks great!! Only suggestion is to lower the head on the neck as the neck looks a bit long right now.

It's funny, I actually elongated the neck a bit because I thought the original was too short! :slap Thanks for the constructive criticism, it is appreciated!

Re: Joewolf's figures -- From Dusk Till Dawn: Seth Gecko George Clooney

Wow, your headsculpt mod is the best Clooney likeness I've seen. Would love to see an Ocean's 11 version.

Wow, hard to believe that's the same head. Bravo.

Thanks again, all.

MR.E -- Yeah, it just needed a little TLC. The base sculpt is solid.

Thats just plain awesome great work on the figure its really detailed.

Thank you, guys. I will take down that head a few millimeters the next chance I get, LOL.

how did you achieve those great tattoos ? Great figure man! Great figure!

Thanks, guys! I have shortened the neck on the figure based on the feedback here. I must admit that you guys were right -- It looks better with a shorter neck!

how did you achieve those great tattoos ? Great figure man! Great figure!

Very carefully! :) I practiced drawing the tattoo a few times on a piece of paper to familiarize myself with the design. Then I drew it on the body with a pencil. Finally, I used a fine brush to paint the tattoo with acrylics.

SHORTER NECK:
neck1.jpg

neck2.jpg

neck3.jpg

Re: Joewolf's figures -- From Dusk Till Dawn: Seth Gecko George Clooney (shortened ne

Hey man, was wondering what revolver did you use for him..... do you have a pic?

Back