Joe Con 2008 (June 26th - 29th)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are pictures of the Conquest X-30 here:
https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=13141

I love everything they're showing, although I'm a bit disappointed in the Night Viper, the costume has been changed to be more of a hodgepodge of other figures, and doesn't have the same futuristic costume elements the original figure had.
I'm surprised we're getting Croc Master first before Airtight or Alpine, that ain't right.

Last edited:
Give my quick review on the upcoming figures:

COBRA BAZOOKA TROOPER
Very unique idea to bring this guy in but I have to admit I'm getting a little tired of seeing the Cobra Trooper body ALL...THE....TIME. Obviously Hasbro is milking the hell out of this body mold but I can't blame them. I'm curious whether they're improving the hand molds though...it's hard to see on this prototype. Still, it is a cool looking figure and a great new take on a Cobra Trooper.

MUTT & JUNKYARD
Never really was a fan of the character but this is certainly one of the best Original-to-25th figures as he looks like the splitting image of his original release. He's got that slight "sneer" look on his face and obviously Junkyard looks like a dog YOU DO NOT want to mess with.

CROC-MASTER
I love Croc Master! I know a lot of earlier Joefans don't care for the character but I always liked his design. Granted, I can name 10 other figures I'd want BEFORE Croc-Master's 25th version but I am not displeased with the choice. This is another one who looks great in his 25th version and they did a good job molding his 'scale' armor. I'm glad he also comes with a BEAST of a Crocodile instead of the pigmy one the original had. I see an Indy whip too!

TIGER FORCE DUKE
Not much to say, another Duke repaint...how about fixing this figure up since his hands are goofy? Or give us a NEW Duke? I've always LOVED the version 3 DUKE (the red & tan "Desert Storm" style). Well...maybe he'll be next!

PARA-VIPER
The figure of the Wave to me!!!He looks AWESOME! Yeah there's a lot of bright colors and such, but I think he is fantastic. Look at all that gear and detail on him! I think this is the first original design for the 25th Ann. unless he was in the comics or something...I don't recall. He does remind me of the Night Vulture as well with some of his coloration.

WRAITH
If you're familiar with the Devil's Due G.I. Joe comics, you would know this character. He was an assassin-for-hire, joined with Destro's force, turned on them and eventually kidnapped the Baroness' baby for Cobra Commander, and then ended up being killed by the Baroness.
I'm neutral on the character, I don't really like him, but I don't hate him either. I remember in the comics when he first showed up he was being shoved down our throat constantly (b/c the writer, Brandon Jerwa, created him and I think was trying to make us like him...which I can't blame him) but it just didn't stick with me.
Figure-wise, this is a cool figure and I like it...his suit isn't as "sleek-looking" as it is in the comics but it does look nice. I don't think I would've had the "flip-open" visor because there's really nothing unique about his face underneath...so who care who he is, right? I would've preferred the helmet be all molded on. Still, there are about 50 figures I could name I wanted before Wraith...but it's great to see Hasbro acknowledge the comic characters!

DUSTY (Cartoon)
AWESOME!!!!YES! THANK YOU HASBRO!!!!Perfection right there!

Skeleton Warrior (Cartoon)
Don't remember the cartoon episode he is from...is it "Arise, Serpentor, Arise"?

SERPENTOR (Cartoon)
This is a BIG PASS/FAIL for me!!! I love that we're getting a true reproduction of the '88 Serpentor but I don't care for the cartoon colors that much! Hasbro just paint his arms and legs gold like they should be!!!!!! Please!!!! I guess we'll still be waiting for a TRUE 1988 Serpentor.

BAT (Cartoon)
Cartoon colors, looks good to me!Mostly because we are also getting one in his true toy colors as well

COBRA COMMANDER (Cartoon)
I'm happy here too, I actually like the light blue hooded CC a little better than the navy blue hooded CC! I know this is cartoon colors as well and he looks great!

QUICK KICK (Cartoon)
Another BIG THANK YOU HASBRO!!!!! Perfect once again!

MAJOR BLUDD (Cartoon)
No compliants here, I'm happy!

SNAKE-EYES (Cartoon)
HASBRO...THANK YOU...SO MUCH! This is EXACTLY what I wanted to see! A TRUE 1985 Snake-Eyes. I loved the Wave 1 Snakes but always wanted something like the original version 2 SE and now you've given it to us. This whole series of cartoon figures are awesome! Dusty and Quick Kick are like their original release as well...so I am happy...now about Serpentor's paints.....

Wow Deep Six Sucks Ass!
This is the same crappy immobile figure I hated and never played with as a kid. It looks like they gave him some articulated forearms, but this thing sucks ass:
038scaled600tv1.jpg

Way to underachieve Hasbro.

Quick Kick looks okay, but there's something very strange about his chest and stomach area, he looks like he has sagging tits and his ribs are way too low.
111du9.jpg

i think deep 6 fits in perfectly with the theme of the line. THe original intent of the 25th was to release the old RAH figs with modern scultping. The deep 6 does just that. I do not think i will buyit cause i never liked the figure, but i can see why hasbro did it.

and i do agree with you about quick kick , he looks like he has ric flairs body

i think deep 6 fits in perfectly with the theme of the line. THe original intent of the 25th was to release the old RAH figs with modern scultping. The deep 6 does just that. I do not think i will buyit cause i never liked the figure, but i can see why hasbro did it.

and i do agree with you about quick kick , he looks like he has ric flairs body
I thought it was modernization across the board, articulation included.
They could've tried and gave him a bit more articulation, Deep Six never felt like a real GI Joe to me because he was so immobile; you could never get him to hold a gun, and it looks like the same is true for his 25th Anniversary release.
He's coming with the Sharc so if you want one, you'll also get him.

Back