JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh I like the neutral expression the best of any of the Jokers so far, but the likeness only seems to be about 90%. And as cool as the seamless neck is, I'm not sure how much I'd really have him posed looking upward like that. Plus as others have pointed out the fit of the outfit doesn't seem quite right. So guess I'll have to stick with my Inart.

Maybe it's just the photo and maybe it's better seen in-person but the quality and skin tone seem so off. I can't see the added realism to it. As a matter of fact, it really projects how artificial looking it is. Zooming in, the skin texture seems that of a person that's middle aged to senior with the paleness or transparency of a newborn. Hard to explain.
Yes there’s too many wrinkles as we’re seeing now. Don’t know why they do that especially with the male sculpts. But you can’t deny the bit of translucency and paint apps (blush) and eyes are more real than most sculpts on the market. You can’t get this realism on polystone. Skin textures look too smooth with flat paints too. But I agree the sculpt isn’t Bale. JND can’t nail sculpt and this Joker is the closest to source material they’ve done. Can’t deny that. Their Golden WW is nice too.

Can someone break down the inaccuracies of the whole JND suit? I’m not an expert in ledgers outfit and would like to see what Inart or hot toys got right.

Blazer color.
Coat lapels need stitching.
Pants too slim and a bit short.
Shirt collar too tall.
Vest collar.
Shoe texture.

Other 1/6 offerings have innaccuracies too, but they aren't $800-$1700+.

No one has been able to top the Queen 1/4 sculpt yet... been hoping someone would just recast that **** for 1/6 at this point. JND trying to blind us with the silicone and overtexturing when the base likeness is very average. He's also got a serious noggin when the coat is off, similar issue with Inart.

Finally get real buttons on the coat sleeves.

63D08B7B-CD00-4934-84D8-F6CF0B22045E.jpeg

Finally get real buttons on the coat sleeves.

View attachment 678620
The vest and pants being a size too small and then the coat being too long is throwing this off. Especially the pants. Why are they so tapered and slim?

Although I do appreciate that we went from 2003 ****** phone pictures to 2007 internet explorer ****** jpeg pictures. Thanks JND. :lol

Another Heath Ledger Joker? I guess you can never have too many! Curious to see if JND can bring something new to the table. Let the Joker mania continue!

To be fair about the pants, they seem to vary a bit, in promo shots they’re a bit baggy on the thighs, yet in the interrogation room they’re well tailored and actually have a bit of high water going on.

The waistcoat however is just too tailored and too high of a cut in both the bottom as well as the lapels of it if you will. Granted two buttons are removed here, it still is a bit loose with them.

CFE19433-91C1-4AE0-8CFF-6E5FBCBBFA98.jpeg

Last edited:
The sculpts are weird, I think it's the mouth area of both of them throwing the likeness off. Almost as if they're sculpts of a Ledger lookalike or something.

Their releases are getting better with each one. Here’s the Bale I have. This Joker is one the strongest sculpts they’ve offered from proto which says a lot because out the gates even their proto sculpts aren’t super accurate to actor. Honestly it’s the paint and silicone finish that takes the realism to the next level. If they can nail the sculpt is always questionable with JND.View attachment 678614
I agree, some of their earlier releases lost detail in the sculpt with the final. I'm very pleased with my Bale sculpt, the paint job, but also with the likeness. It's not 100% though, however the best one in 1/3 and smaller scales. Their new technique to recreate a more realistic skin tone works great imo.
DSC04748 (1).jpg
DSC04756.jpg

Those sculpts people posted all look rough...

Pattinson is almost there. Bale is almost there. Joker 1/3 looks like a cosplayer...

I get some folks seem to take a pass at it and say "they get better with every release". Whatever helps folks sleep at night... I guess.

That's just too much blind faith on JND

Eh I like the neutral expression the best of any of the Jokers so far, but the likeness only seems to be about 90%. And as cool as the seamless neck is, I'm not sure how much I'd really have him posed looking upward like that. Plus as others have pointed out the fit of the outfit doesn't seem quite right. So guess I'll have to stick with my Inart.

This is where I’m at too. As I said before, I’ll be getting one just for the tech. This figures strengths lie in its innovations rather than its sculpt, which is quite good, but still not there. And the paint is looking weak as well.

If it weren’t for the tech, i would have passed as I’m more than happy with InArts.

This is where I’m at too. As I said before, I’ll be getting one just for the tech. This figures strengths lie in its innovations rather than its sculpt, which is quite good, but still not there. And the paint is looking weak as well.

If it weren’t for the tech, i would have passed as I’m more than happy with InArts.
Which one are you going for? I am eyeing type A. That smiling sculpt is the wierdrst sculpt ive ever seen in my life

Back