JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excited Feed Me GIF by Faja Lobi

i didnt plan to get another ledger after my custom and hot toys but seems like i cant resist getting this as well. hopefully, the tailoring is better. ledger joker collectors are something else. no matter if people get sick and tired of it, there's always that crazy market that exists for this character. even today people are still making joker parts for custom 1/6 stuff

5% of 1/6 collectors or not, they know that market will throw money at this because its ledger. whether people find it boring or not. his tailoring and parts have been known to be difficult to capture within this scale.

jnd's 1/6 outfit

1701325015714.png

Guessing this is a joke as I'm pretty sure that's the outfit by Hye Hwa that's currently being reworked to be more accurate for the custom set being managed by Jagzz. Unless you know otherwise of course
no that's jnd's. hye hwa worked with jnd on this project but this is a fairly old project but there's some good here

they also worked on this together before jnd created the 1/3 "hit me" joker. this is a 1/3 statue

1701326439036.png

no that's jnd's. hye hwa worked with jnd on this project but this is a fairly old project but there's some good here

they also worked on this together before jnd created the 1/3 "hit me" joker. this is a 1/3 statue
Cool :duff I was aware that they worked on the original 1/3 statue but didn't know about the 1/6. With that said, wasn't the "hit me" Joker made all in-house by JND's artists and not outside artists? As you mentioned, that 1/6 that you posted is fairly old and just from the teaser in the video, the jacket looks to be pretty different than that original set made by Hye Hwa. So, I wouldn't be surprised if it's been revised by JND's in-house team just as the 1/3 clothing set was as it's vastly different than the original. Not to mention, I don't think Hye Hwa would be allowed to work on the new custom TDK Joker set that's currently underway if he just made an official set for JND. That would be like Yixie releasing a custom Clint Eastwood sculpt right when Sideshow releases the one that was worked on for them. It would just be bad form but I could be wrong.

Cool :duff I was aware that they worked on the original 1/3 statue but didn't know about the 1/6. With that said, wasn't the "hit me" Joker made all in-house by JND's artists and not outside artists? As you mentioned, that 1/6 that you posted is fairly old and just from the teaser in the video, the jacket looks to be pretty different than that original set made by Hye Hwa. So, I wouldn't be surprised if it's been revised by JND's in-house team just as the 1/3 clothing set was as it's vastly different than the original. Not to mention, I don't think Hye Hwa would be allowed to work on the new custom TDK Joker set that's currently underway if he just made an official set for JND. That would be like Yixie releasing a custom Clint Eastwood sculpt right when Sideshow releases the one that was worked on for them. It would just be bad form but I could be wrong.
yep!! afaik all their stuff is made in house, no outsourcing to companies or factories like what inart and hot toys do so they're able to sort of handle their own quality control but with that said, there are still issues with shipping. lots of breakages recently for Pattinson 1/3. it is interesting though mentioning yixie because its just an odd topic when it comes to sculpts. it seems with many of these companies, they kinda ignore previous projects, even if it isnt officially licensed or sold. like what hot toys did with ambrosial for their joker sculpt. im wondering under certain contracts if they're still able to produce sculpts for certain characters like with nancy and clint eastwood if someone happens to find her previous sculpt or sideshow's to be inferior and wants to make something from ground up. but its all contract talk, who knows what the policies and agreements they have to do and accept to work for these companies

i know a friend told me and i cant disclose the info but that's currently what happening with inart right now for a certain character, the artist is unable to recreate that specific outfit going forward

yep!! afaik all their stuff is made in house, no outsourcing to companies or factories like what inart and hot toys do so they're able to sort of handle their own quality control but with that said, there are still issues with shipping. lots of breakages recently for Pattinson 1/3. it is interesting though mentioning yixie because its just an odd topic when it comes to sculpts. it seems with many of these companies, they kinda ignore previous projects, even if it isnt officially licensed or sold. like what hot toys did with ambrosial for their joker sculpt. im wondering under certain contracts if they're still able to produce sculpts for certain characters like with nancy and clint eastwood if someone happens to find her previous sculpt or sideshow's to be inferior and wants to make something from ground up. but its all contract talk, who knows what the policies and agreements they have to do and accept to work for these companies

i know a friend told me and i cant disclose the info but that's currently what happening with inart right now for a certain character, the artist is unable to recreate that specific outfit going forward
Yea you're right, there's probably something in the contract that say whether or not the custom artist can redo the work/character in the future. That would have to sort of suck for the artist I imagine that forever going forward you're no longer legally allowed to sell a custom sculpt or outfit of said character I guess unless they approach you again for an official product.

btw-thanks for the discussion and not taking my original post above in a negative way :duff Always happy to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes, so it was cool to find out that the above Hya Hwe suit was for JND in the past

btw-thanks for the discussion and not taking my original post above in a negative way :duff Always happy to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes, so it was cool to find out that the above Hya Hwe suit was for JND in the past

all good man!!

i only found out like a year ago that jnd produced a 1/6 joker clothing set when i stumbled on addblue's purple joker set before it went into limbo

lots of good parts that came from this set, especially that coat for the time. assuming back when it was notorious for joker coats to be considered bath robes

1701331659852.png

Hope it's available through KG, Gundam or Spec as well. Will be my very first Joker.

Can't wait for all the people complaining about another Joker buying another Joker. 😂

Great to see it's how I thought it'd be, like Kojuns Al Pacino - this is the real next level in 1/6, happy I passed on Inart and Hot Toys.

I will have the ultimate Joker having IA, HT and now JND lol. Each one will purposely mess up something so you can bash the ultimate and spend the same amount you’d spend on a custom lol. Thanos gauntlet but with Ledger Jokers as infinity stones

Last edited:
I know people love Ledger Joker, but I really wonder at what point these companies are going to realise that a 5% better Joker isn't going to get people to move off the one they already have and love.
Oh i assure you, there will be plenty here who will pick this up to sit on their shelf of 14 Ledger Jokers. Collectors are just as boring as the companies, that’s why this hobby is filled with the same 3 licenses across the map.

Back