Jimmiroquai's Customs: Hanna p7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmiroquai

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Back in 2008, i ran out of inspiration to do any more custom projects. My main interest at the time was LOTR, but alas, my steam ran out. Since then, i've branched off to other hobbies like airsoft (where i still did a lot of scratchbuilding, this time in 1:1 scale). But when i saw Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch, I was hooked. Despite the bad reviews, I loved this movie to bits. I was again, obsessed. I dug out my base bodies, dusted off my tools, replaced my dried up paint and got to work. The most daunting task was the head sculpting. I was never good at likenesses and i hadn't sculpted in 3 years! But these turned out better than expected despite my very amateur sculpting skills. I know these didn't turn out realistic and are a bit cartoony/comic-book like, and i hope you guys forgive me for being proud of them as these are the best headsculpts i've churned out so far. :) I plan to do all 5 girls, a few zombie WW1 Germans, a WW1 trench dio, and, if my wife lets me, a 2 foot tall giant samurai robot. Now I know Hottoys announced that they would be doing this license, but i can't wait and needed to channel this obsession somewhere. I hope they don't listen to the critics and go ahead with this line as i am sure to pick em all up. But in the meantime...

Here's what i have so far:

Baby Doll
babydoll4.jpg

babydoll5.jpg

babydoll6.jpg

babydoll7.jpg

babydoll8.jpg

babydoll9.jpg

Head: Sculpted with super sculpey
Body: Shortened DML Abbey chase
Shoes were sculpted using sintra board:
babydollshoes1.jpg

babydollshoes2.jpg

Pistol is DML, Katana is Mononofu.

Last edited:
Re: Jimmiroquai's 1/6 Sucker Punch Customs

WW1 German Steam Zombie:
soldier2.jpg

babydoll10.jpg

Height comparison with shortened Babydoll body:
babydoll11.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the girls!
Where's the shot of the three of them together?
I really like the size between them. Baby Doll is a tiny girl.

These turned out great! love those poses too. Nice work!

The figures turned out great!You can easily tell that who these figures are.I can't wait to see the rest of the girls!GOOD JOB!

Thanks! I just finished browsing the threads in this section and there are so many AMAZING sculptors here! Makes me a bit sheepish about posting my beginner-level stuff. But i hope you guys will forgive an amateur's pride. :)

I decided to re-sculpt Rocket's head as the crooked nose of the first really bugged me. I hate how I notice these imperfections only after I start painting. Again, i'm still not very good with likenesses and this still turned out cartoony. :) I decided to go with sculpted hair this time because 1) I ran out of doll hair of the right color 2)I didn't like how the hair and hat came out the first time.

newrockethead2.jpg

newrockethead1.jpg

newrocket1.jpg

newrocket2.jpg

still on the assembly line...
spgirlheads.jpg

these are well done and have a very cool almost anime look to them

Love them all!
Your heads are well done and are recognizable as the girls from Sucker Punch. I think your Babydoll came out great and love the "real" hair on your sculpts.

Last edited:

Rocket is DONE! The new triad boots are perfect for her. Also in the background is the WIP of the trench dio i'm building. Still has to be painted.
newrocket3.jpg

newrocket4.jpg

Re: Jimmiroquai's SuckerPunch Customs: Blondie, dio p2

Here are the last two Sucker Punch Ladies:

Sweet Pea:
trenchsweetpea1.jpg

trenchsweetpea2.jpg

trenchsweetpea3.jpg

trenchsweetpea4.jpg

trenchsweetpea5.jpg

and...
Amber:
trenchamber1.jpg

trenchamber2.jpg

trenchamber4.jpg

trenchamber6.jpg

trenchamber8.jpg

And here are the Giant Samurai-slashing, Steamzombie-perforating, Orc-castrating, Alien Robot-crushing Ladies of Sucker Punch!
trenchgirls1copy.jpg

trenchgirls3copy.jpg

trenchgirls2copy.jpg

trenchgirls4copy.jpg

trenchgirls6copy.jpg

Quite nice. One can see you still need to improve, but it seems you've got the skills and the will to do so. Congrats!

Btw that dio is also custom made? It looks really really good.

Thanks for the constructive criticism and the encouragement. :) Yup, it's also my first diorama.

suckerpunchdisplay.jpg

Not a big fan of the film, but there is no denying that the custom outfits you have made are outstanding :clap

Back