Jim Morrison Interest/Custom Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reinhardt

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Doors are one of my favorite bands. I have always wanted a Jim Morrison figure. McFarlane made a good one back in the day, but something in 1/6 scale would be awesome.

1. So who is interested? Pjam and I thought to start a thread to see if there is enough interest to get one made. If the interest is high, we can start looking for sculpters and possibly someone to make his trademark belt and pants.

2. What outfit would people be interested in? Here are some pics I found online that could be possiblities.

other_morrison_photo_03_dp.jpg

jim_morrison_big.jpg

Jim+Morrison+of+The+Doors+photo.jpg

Interest:
1. pjam
2. Reinhardt
3. elvis1976
4. krec9
5. kuzeh
6. DarkZenMaster
7. LChinoz
8. phoenixram1977
9. Gruff Old Bear
10. abake
11. VelvetMorning
12. paulcarson
13. greatlakes6
14. Nek74

Last edited:
Real hair version by Seb :rock :rock

You have really perfected the art of adding real hair to figures bro. Your Jason is off the hook!

Yep, real hair version is the only way to go. I think all we need is the head and the conch shell brown leather pants to make this happen as Jim never took them off, except to get BJ's in the elevator.:lol

I'm a Hollywood Bowl look kind of Guy, or maybe the Sullivan outfit.

Great band and would love to see the outcome of this project, but personally the only musicians I would consider getting 1/6 figures of are Axl Rose and Slash... maybe some day...

the real question is beard or no beard..
I'd want one in handcuffs.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/BZvq1hgPv34&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/BZvq1hgPv34&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yep, real hair version is the only way to go. I think all we need is the head and the conch shell brown leather pants to make this happen as Jim never took them off, except to get BJ's in the elevator.:lol

I'm a Hollywood Bowl look kind of Guy, or maybe the Sullivan outfit.

Nice one Paul! :lol Or BJ's in the studio while recording...

As for the Hollywood Bowl outfit, with or without vest? My vote is without.

513NYQVX1SL.jpg

The Sullivan outfit is awesome as well. Gotta have the leather jacket.

edsul1967.jpg

No vest. Vests are for poosies. :lol

I would go with simple black shirt prolly. He wore more elaborate white shirts, frilly collars and cuffs but where you gonna find that? Thought about the English Mod Rock Royalty look too ("Hello, I Love You" London Vid) but nah...

I'm interested, though I'm close to sending a Morrison custom off to be painted. When I finish the belt and get the neck adaptation done I'll post pictures with the unpainted head and see what people think.

Great minds really do think alike.

Back