Jerry VanderStelt LOTR ART & HAPPENINGS PT.3 SAURON & LOTR art AVAILABLE NOW!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchart

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey gang.
SAURON and the other LOTR "Classics" are going up today / tonite!
I will post the links and pics for each item as soon as they are ready!
Talk soon,

JV

Re: Jerry VanderStelt LOTR ART & HAPPENINGS PT.3 SAURON & LOTR art AVAILABLE NOW!

Hey gang.
SAURON and the other LOTR "Classics" are going up today / tonite!
I will post the links and pics for each item as soon as they are ready!
Talk soon,

JV

Hopefully it'll be after 5 PM PST :pray:

Re: Jerry VanderStelt LOTR ART & HAPPENINGS PT.3 SAURON & LOTR art AVAILABLE NOW!

Sweet! Thor stuff earlier today and Sauron tonight. :rock

Ordered my Sauron print. Looking forward to it. :rock

I'm wanting #25 of the paper giclees to go along with my #25 ROTK print. So i'm guessing if I wait until it says 23 sold, add the #1 auction the other day, that would mean #25 for me? Hmmm...

ATTENTION:

Don't go by the Ebay counter as a completely accurate guide with any numbering, because sometimes folks buy outside of Ebay, which throws off the "counter". :lecture

JV

I'm debating between the canvas and paper versions (of Sauron), but am worried about doing the canvas and doing it as Jerry has displayed (Gallery Wrap), that it will get damaged if it isn't behind a glass frame...Any suggestions on how to display Canvas or is it even worth it to frame canvas?????

I'm debating between the canvas and paper versions (of Sauron), but am worried about doing the canvas and doing it as Jerry has displayed (Gallery Wrap), that it will get damaged if it isn't behind a glass frame...Any suggestions on how to display Canvas or is it even worth it to frame canvas?????
I would guess that a good number of people that Gallery Wrap these canvases don't put them behind glass, although you can do so.The canvases get a portective varnish, so they're pretty tough in that regard.

JV

Here's my 2 cents worth on the canvas vs paper issue. The canvas giclees are larger in size having the identical dimensions of the original artwork. The intricate detailing is enhanced, the colours more vibrant, and the ES's are significantly smaller.....they basically have the look and feel of the original.

With the canvas giclees you also have more framing options available. You can frame them using a traditional frame/moulding or you can simply go with the gallery wrap option.....and if you go with the gallery wrap option the cost savings when compared to properly framing the paper litho's is significant, between $100-$200 cheaper. You can also add a traditional frame/moulding at a later date should you choose to do so. Glass can be placed over the canvas if one chooses, but it is something I personally would never do as I want mine to look like the original artwork. As for any concerns of leaving the canvas surface 'unprotected' I think Jerry has already covered that issue. I would also say in my own personal art collection I have many canvas giclee's, some of which I've had for 10+ years and I've never had a problem of any type.

IMO the canvas giclee's may be more expensive than the paper litho's, but they are well worth the added expense. And when you factor in the framing cost savings of the giclee's......they really aren't that much more expensive than the paper litho's.

Jerry just want to make sure you got my PM ok?

PM sent in two parts!

JV

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!!! On last questions about dust collecting on the canvas, I would assume if I don't get to it for a while when I eventually do it will just wipe off?

Thanks again, just making my final decision!

I understand your concerns.
The canvases have a gloss varnish put on them, making the surface very smooth, which will make using a feather duster an easy way to dust them.

JV

Great post Woodsy. Got my first set in Jerry, thanks so much. Can't wait to get these framed properly and hung. May take ma a little bit of time, but the Gandalf/strider/ringwraith portraits are BEAUTIFUL.

Glad you like 'em Mesa! Show us some pics when you get them framed up : )

JV

Back