Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes Brainstorming Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The longer foot pegs are something you have to get separately. So far, I think the only figure they've come with is the HT T-800 figure.

This is the TTL WWII body. You can get it as a carded figure or loose from their WWII boxed figures. All the pegs are 100% compatible with Hot Toys so you can use regular HT hands and feet on them.

For Mr. Holmes I'm looking at a Battlegear Toys overcoat that I hope won't be too hard to mod to the correct style. For Watson, I haven't completely made up my mind but I'm thinking about using their WWII American raincoat. The lines are more or less right, but the color would need to be changed.

I decided to try out the HT Slim body and see how that works out for Holmes.

As to the Barbie/Ken outfit you referenced. Would that fit other 1:6 figures? I never tried that before. I think that is a great idea with that outfit, it does look like a Watson outfit.

I think the Higgins costume is too modern. The costume that the Toy Presidents roosevelt came with is more victorian looking and appropriate. I still see these pop up on ebay. It looks like this..
31reYs2YtHL.jpg

I think the Higgins costume is too modern. The costume that the Toy Presidents roosevelt came with is more victorian looking and appropriate.

Why do you think the Higgins suit is too modern? I think it looks just like the suits Watson usually wears, especially in the detail of the sleeves, which is very Victorian. It does need a watch chain, but I think it is much nicer than the Toy Presidents suit which, if it is like the ones I have, suffers from being made from horrible thick material, from not fitting right on any other figure (pants are too long, sleeves are too short), and from having almost no period correct detail.

Anyway, since Jeremy Brett was in My Fair Lady, I think the costume link is just to good to pass up, even if it's Watson wearing the suit, not Holmes.

I tested the Higgins suit on a HT Narrow and the same TTL WWII body I'm using for Holmes. To my surprise, I think it looks a lot better on the TTL body. The suit has such wide shoulders that if you put in on a narrow it just looks ridiculously out of proportion, but I think the TTL looks ok.

My set up so far.

img0430j.jpg

img0432m0.jpg

Eagerly awaiting the heads(and the rest of the outfits) to come in the mail.

If the hat fits I'll repaint it.

The lapels, cut of the coat, and the length look modern and
dont scream out Victorian to me. But to each his own.

This and this are screen-caps from the same scene of The Hound of the Baskervilles. Here is the Higgins suit on a TTL WWII body:

Barring the color and maybe the trouser cuffs, the two suits look very similar to me and not at all like 20th/21st century suits beyond the superficial resemblance in terms of being a 3-piece suit. Since the modern 3-piece suit was essentially invented during the Victorian age it is period appropriate.

But leaving all that aside, for me, the real issue is whether the Toy Presidents suit looks like something the Granada Watson would wear and I don't think it does; whereas the Higgins suit, even without a head, immediately reminds me of Watson.

Anyone get the heads yet?

Much too early IMHO! :D

In my own personnal experience, it takes from 7 to 15 days from France to the USA. They shipped last Wednesday, so I bet Friday or Saturday, but then again, we've had heavy snows in Western Europe this week and airport traffic was impaired, so there might be some delay! I know that some stuff !i ordered in HK was!

My set up so far.

img0430j.jpg

img0432m0.jpg

Eagerly awaiting the heads(and the rest of the outfits) to come in the mail.

If the hat fits I'll repaint it.

I love that!!!!! Especially Watson's suit, which is the design I have in mind! Where does it come from?

it's this one with a different shirt and vest.
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140438674406&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The base is from a Basil Rathbone Resin statue(which means I now have a sculpt of rathbone) But the head wasn't painted that great and some parts had to be glued back together and repainted, but it's nothing I can't fix. The guy who had previously painted rathbone used a very loose sloppy style, so I'll have to go back and fix it, especially the eyes. I found it by accident when searching for Homes gear online.

Last edited:
This and this are screen-caps from the same scene of The Hound of the Baskervilles. Here is the Higgins suit on a TTL WWII body:

Barring the color and maybe the trouser cuffs, the two suits look very similar to me and not at all like 20th/21st century suits beyond the superficial resemblance in terms of being a 3-piece suit. Since the modern 3-piece suit was essentially invented during the Victorian age it is period appropriate.

But leaving all that aside, for me, the real issue is whether the Toy Presidents suit looks like something the Granada Watson would wear and I don't think it does; whereas the Higgins suit, even without a head, immediately reminds me of Watson.

Wow, so many people posting!
I like that suit Higgins suit DoD, looks great, are those shoes part of the outfit, or did you purchase them seperatley?

The boots on my Watson-to-be are DID WWII army boots and they will fit on any 1/6 figure with feet. That eBay link is just one example, I know they come with Charles Winstone and they may also have been used with some other sets.

The DID John Coleman boots should also work, but I don't have any in my collection and they seem to be harder to find than the other DID boots.

img0439v.jpg

Guess what came in the mail today.....

I'll post more pictures when the heads are painted and later when I get the rest of the outfits.

They will look thinner when the heads are painted. Unpainted heads always look off. And these are narrow shouldered figures.

I got mine too. I think they are great except the necks are a little short for the bodies I'm using so I'm extending them a little bit with putty before I get to painting. I'm also still waiting for a couple more bits and pieces so I know it will be a few more days until I can show them.

I'm glad you got them guys! :D

The length of the neck was made using a DML head as a reference as my initial intent was to put them on DMLs (a regular for Holmes and a pot-bellied fig for Watson). I tried them on these body and they look good. Though now I may use a TTL body. Noot sure yet! :D

Obviously, Watson's haicut is going to be an issue with hats. So, I think that the best solution might not be a hat for him but one of those caps he often wore. Newline has some very good ones, but I don't know if they fit.

The alternative sollution is more radical! Cutting off the top of the head! :D

img0446jp.jpg

img0448sa.jpg

img0450m.jpg

img0454l.jpg

Well these two represent a a long term dream I've wanted figures of these two since I was in Elementary school. I teach college now, so that should give you an Idea of how long it's been. I postponed two other bashes that were in progress when I got the sculpts in the mail. Thank you 16K for sculpting these. Now I'm just waiting for the rest of the outfits.

Back