Jazzinc The Batman - Batmobile 1/6 Deluxe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's said 1/12 support has not been strong, especially for the 1/12 Star Wars products which he found very disappointing. So I would not expect much focus on those areas moving forward.
How many 1/12 collectors are aware of his offerings though? I reckon also those that focus on that scale are more price conscious as opposed to those that focus on 1/6.

How many 1/12 collectors are aware of his offerings though? I reckon also those that focus on that scale are more price conscious as opposed to those that focus on 1/6.

He made 1/12 offerings because of initial collector demand, but those people did not show up to buy it.

Yes, 1/12 focused collectors that don't buy large scales would probably be less likely to spend on big items than 1/6 collectors in general.

It's unfortunate there seems to have been a disproportionate number of people who just talked about buying something instead of actually buying it. Not dissimilar to the HasLab Rancor in that regard, though that was also a bad campaign.

He made 1/12 offerings because of initial collector demand, but those people did not show up to buy it.

Yes, 1/12 focused collectors that don't buy large scales would probably be less likely to spend on big items than 1/6 collectors in general.

It's unfortunate there seems to have been a disproportionate number of people who just talked about buying something instead of actually buying it. Not dissimilar to the HasLab Rancor in that regard, though that was also a bad campaign.
I'm a 1/6 figure collector, but 1/12 for vehicles due to space, as 1/12 takes up a quarter of the space.
I've got the 1/12 BvS Batmobile on order and asked if there are plans for a 1/12 The Batman Batmobile, but was advised that the demand for 1/12 is limited, alas.
Hopefully Soap Studios will do a 1/12 remote control version like they did with the tumbler.

I'm a 1/6 figure collector, but 1/12 for vehicles due to space, as 1/12 takes up a quarter of the space.
I've got the 1/12 BvS Batmobile on order and asked if there are plans for a 1/12 The Batman Batmobile, but was advised that the demand for 1/12 is limited, alas.
Hopefully Soap Studios will do a 1/12 remote control version like they did with the tumbler.

I understand. If there were more collectors like you who had similar set ups, then they’d be able to make more 1/12 vehicles.

But 1/6 figures + 1/12 vehicles is like a niche within a niche so it seems like there’s just not enough of you folks out there to make up for the 1/12 focused collectors not showing unfortunately.

I’m a 1/6 and 1/12 collector but supported Joost in the early early days when he first took orders here for the Death Star set. Was not pleased with the decision to do 1/12 as it felt like it’d take attention away from 1/6 projects. I think if he can scale, then by all means, make that money, but right now, he should just stay in his wheelhouse imo. 1/6 aspirational pieces that they do their damndest to get in as many hands as possible.

What blows my mind is that HT has been around for such a long time and they literally do what they want as far as marketing and not producing prototypes. Not communicating whatsoever with anyone… as far as a legit source. They make Ironman figures and appeal to specific markets despite what majority of collectors ask for, where the potential success lies. Every once in a blue we’ll get a 1/6 vehicle or something that collectors want. I remember even the Ripley figure as well as Batman returns figures took a miracle for them to finally produce. It’s irritating how it comes across with them not even being accountable for anything. I remember that IM MK85 Head sculpt not as advertised was put in production. It was like pulling teeth with them having a “replacement program” for their mistake on a subpar product. When it comes to QC you literally have to get with your retailer for issues smh… and yet now as petty as they are they’re pulling jabs at a reputable honest company that makes superior product who puts in the time and effort it’s disgusting. Anyway that’s my rant lol. I’m down with Jazz and will put my money where my mouth is.

Seems to me WB is doing the Asia way of licensing = everyone can make the same product in the same scale and you licensee can dish it out yourself while the licensor gets all their upfront and laugh. Initially, I was wondering about the HT's teaser going against Jazz's updates. But now even Queen Studio came out and said they ALSO will be doing 1/6 Battison and Batmobile????? How many 1/6 Batmobile will there be???

In my opinion -

IF HTs will actually make it, then theirs will be the most mass produced and probably the more affordable option.

Jazz's will be in the middle ground, with high accuracy, but a higher price point.

I have a feeling the Queens one would be priced super high.... even higher than Jazz...

Joost has reasons to be worried, I understand. From a business owner's standpoint, those are some of the worst news to wake up to. Yes, 6 of us here will buy his Batmobile but hundreds won't simply because HT is allegedly doing one. That right there is enough to mess with his plans, and most importantly, his bottom line. Whatever he decides is whatever is best for him. Not making it may very well be a wise decision, but time will tell.

Maybe do a very limited run, with somewhat higher than normal NRD's that way you know buyers are serious and won't simply drop PO's if HD does eventually puts theirs up for PO?

Tough situation man.

Know that what you do is appreciated and a loss is just that. A loss. I'll still support other projects from you. Can't wait for my 1989 Batwing!

Images from Joost

Attachments

• IMG_20220310_084935_756.jpg
    IMG_20220310_084935_756.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20220310_074121_342.jpg
    IMG_20220310_074121_342.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 149
Images from Joost
I say eff it man. Go ahead and make it. The market has levels in quality and price. His would be high tier that no one else is doing. It helps market his company and that is a price he cannot put a price on. Then Joost can go:

joker-about-sending-a-message.gif

One advantage he has is he can get his to market way before hot toys. I do think it was a mistep to add extra things like sounds and smoke that drive up the price and would only excite a small percentage of collectors.

Historically speaking, having lights means that it’s a dx version. Having a dx version with only lights and no other extras just to keep the price low only makes it disappointing.

If he did that, he’d be no better than HT.

I want the lights. Sounds, smoke and honestly the weathering I wouldn't miss. If that could shave off some price, I'm game.
I 100% totally agree. They lowered the price on my Falcon Cockpit and had my shipping covers because I opted for the "No sound effects". I have not missed it one bit. So to get this Batmobile with only light and nothing else for a lower price, would great GREAT for me.

Back