Jango Fett: Open Seasons

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandalorian_soldier

Freakalicious
Reaction score
So as promised, I said I would post some pictures of another Fett figure I had customized (Just a simple repaint this time). For those of you who hadn't seen, I converted a broken Boba Marmit into a Jodo Kast. This time, I took a Hasbro Ultimate Jango Fett and turned him into something wicked so I hope you all enjoy.

A little bit of background on Jango shows that he went through 3 different color schemes, the very first was a green, red and yellow (similar to Boba's) the second was a crimson and pewter (by far my favorite) and the third is what his colors are now, the blue and silver. I loved the contrast of the pewter and crimson, and since I have a full size version of that costume I thought it would be cool to make a "mini me". So here is the comic version of what he should look like:

YOUNGERJANGO_zpse4ca69c8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And this is what I started with.
IMG_1837_zpsca3b888e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The helmet before
IMG_1956_zps86c1871b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And after
IMG_1957_zps08af8947.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The finished product
IMG_1871_zps6d777dcb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It was a fun little project, and I will get some comparison shots of another hasbro unpainted figure next to him.

Nice. What type of paint did you use on the armor and how did you do it? Brush? Airbrush? i tried painting mine but had a hard time getting the paint to stick to the helmet.

Nice. What type of paint did you use on the armor and how did you do it? Brush? Airbrush? i tried painting mine but had a hard time getting the paint to stick to the helmet.

Everything on mine is brush, I just used a small soft bristled brush with a few thin layers of paint to give it that smooth look. As for the paint, I just used plain old acrylic. I used Folk Art metalics for the gray and the red. I had to do some mixing for the desired gray affect between glossy black, gunmetal metallic and a little bit of silver. The red was pretty much spot on so no mixing was required. I also mixed some different browns with a little gray to get the darker leather effect.

A hit of advice though, DO NOT use spray paint on him, since he is a soft vinyl the chemical reaction that causes the paint to dry will never do it so you will be left with a sticky residue on the figure. (I learned the hard way on that one by trying to seal him with a matte clear coat) the only way to fix that is if you strip the paint off completely and start over with the figure like I did.

As promised, here are some comparison shots of what the regular hasbro version looks like next to the custom :D

IMG_1968_zps562dc1ec.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1967_zpse89b4e6e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1966_zps76d02cb9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks! Yeah I think that was my problem. I used a spray primer first. I guess it never fully cured. I ended up stripping it down. I have some primer for my airbrush so I may tackle it again someday. I'm also going to keep it in mind when I start my Deathwatch members someday.

I adore these hasbro jangos. Probably the best thing they ever made.

I agree, the sculpt is pretty decent and the figure itself is not to shabby. Especially for the price! You should post some more pics of that nastier meters you got there :)

:exactly:

I have a couple of these that I want to do, just have to figure out what Mandalorians I want to make, there are so many cool desgins. :panic:

Yours is outstanding, really really impressive. :hi5: Nice to see it can be done with this figure and thanks for the info on the paint apps.

:exactly:

I have a couple of these that I want to do, just have to figure out what Mandalorians I want to make, there are so many cool desgins. :panic:

Yours is outstanding, really really impressive. :hi5: Nice to see it can be done with this figure and thanks for the info on the paint apps.

Thanks for the kind words, if anyone has any spare hasbro Jango parts or figures they are willing to part with let me know. I am looking for a helmet and chest armor.

While I have the Jango craze going, I have decided the other hasbro Jango I have will be converted into the green and red version of him with the circle on his chest, just to say I have all 3 phases of armor.

Back