Jango Fett Medi Mod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHaleyArt

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Worked on Jango over the months I was modding my Medi Boba Fett (see that mod here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69954 )

I've always liked medicom's Jango. Though my main gripes with it where that he looked too thin and the chest armor was positioned too low. The latter seemed to fit the figure so the bottom piece was low enough on a normal/long figure torso. The collar piece was sculpted to long to fit up near the shoulder and still go far enough down to push the other armor parts down toward the belt. I cut down either side of the collar armor and rounded the inner part. Moved all the armor up the flak vest (a BIG pain).
Actor Temuera Morrison seems to have a build that has a shorter torso and legs. Unlike Boba, Jango has less accessories and a uniform that's a bit more snug. I wanted to fill everything out and padding up the Med figure wasn't doing it...although the waist down to the feet looked good. I needed a base body that fit the actor. The Sideshow Pro 1 had a good torso but the legs where too long. I had an old Alfrex body that was the right proportions, and extremely posable but the feet would need a major mod and where the legs met the waist would need to be padded. The body that seemed to test fit everything the best (lower torso, higher knee) was (believe it or not) Hasbro's Ultimate Jango Fett. I had one in my parts box from years ago. I wanted to make it as posable and durable as possible. I don't like to make customs if they are just going to fall apart. Took the neck out...Ball joint was way to big, so it was removed and a hole drilled in.
JangoMediMod005.jpg

Took a Bbi3.5 neck plug, used a Sideshow pro wrist joint as a new ball beck joint and (I think) a Soldier Story Ball/Arrow joint for the head (works great with Medi heads). And popped it in.
JangoMediMod003.jpg

Dremmeled out the wrist and ankle joints, widened the sockets and the Medi Hands and Feet where nice and snug...and now had the great ankle articulation.
JangoMediMod006.jpg

Padded the thighs up a bit...the leg armor looks better when it can sink into something because of the pegs that hold it in place. A half sheet of paper towel each does the trick.
JangoMediMod007.jpg

I shaved down the knee armor on the top and bottom to give it that edge squarer edge (unlike Boba's). Then in shaved down the outside, top edges of the shin armor. They are not uniform on both sides.
I think that's it. I still want to highlight the belt with a bet of red/brown, lightening it up a bit and darken the boots.

Such a great outcome with so little work - why the hell don't they do this right away?!

Such a great outcome with so little work - why the hell don't they do this right away?!
Doing research, figuring why things didn't fit properly took the longest. After test fitting and finding the right body, figuring out how to do it (and doing it) went smoothly. The armor on the vest was the hardest.

Wow! :eek That looks great! Definitely has the right heft for Jango. I'm 99.9% sure that's the same body as those Power Team guys Big Lots sells. I may have to give this a go as I would love to have him back on the shelf!

Nice job. IMO Jango is one of the best figures (mines the V.2 tho) that Medi has ever done. Ultimate Jango is one of the greatest hasbro figures, I display both of mine together just for the reasons you listed. I like the think look of Hasbro, but I love all the detailing on the medi.

You've basically taken the best of each and smashed them together. :clap

Nice job. IMO Jango is one of the best figures (mines the V.2 tho) that Medi has ever done. Ultimate Jango is one of the greatest hasbro figures, I display both of mine together just for the reasons you listed. I like the think look of Hasbro, but I love all the detailing on the medi.

You've basically taken the best of each and smashed them together. :clap
I remember when Hasbro's Ult. Jango came out. I picked it up at Toy R Us. One of the best 12" figs from Hasbro...especially at the time.

Back