James Cameron's AVATAR becomes # 1 of ALL TIME Again - 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/avatar-becomes-highest-grossing-film-143300914.html

James Cameron is once again taking his seat on the box office throne.

Cameron's 2009 blockbuster Avatar has become the highest-grossing film of all time again, reclaiming the title from Avengers: Endgame in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic following a re-release in China, Deadline reports.
zQrEF8j.jpg

6iG0voV.gif

MCU be like
69MGfLH.jpg

04fTzZc.png

Ah ha... so China is the market for blue fairies and floating islands. Like any of us can actually verify this news.

Avatar 2 hype has officially begun.

Of all James Cameron's films, this is honestly the one that I revisit the least. Even Titanic is ahead of it. I don't know why, it just doesn't do anything for me.

Well movies like Godfather, star lord, jamesbond are worth watching movies and everyone should watch them once in a lifetime and I'm a big fan of star lord and recently I bought my favorite Star Lord Jacket and I'm feeling just like a celebrity.

In which case Avatar would still be #1 anyway.

Avatar's original release grossed $2,743,577,587. Endgame's was $2,797,501,328.
People reference Endgame's re-release, but it never actually had one ... it was still in theaters uninterrupted when they added the extra scenes to the end. They did increase the theater count to give it that last push, but it was still the initial release.
Avatar had a special edition released later in 2010 that ran for an additional 84 days and added over $44 million to its total.

Avatar's original release grossed $2,743,577,587. Endgame's was $2,797,501,328.
People reference Endgame's re-release, but it never actually had one ... it was still in theaters uninterrupted when they added the extra scenes to the end. They did increase the theater count to give it that last push, but it was still the initial release.
Avatar had a special edition released later in 2010 that ran for an additional 84 days and added over $44 million to its total.

I did not know that. Thanks.

But while not technically a re-release, you could still say EG's numbers were artificially inflated.

But while not technically a re-release, you could still say EG's numbers were artificially inflated.

Agreed ... but if you want to look at just initial releases, Endgame was ahead of Avatar before it added scenes after the credits for that last push, It was only a few million dollars behind (Avatar's initial release AND Special Edition re-release) at that point. Avatar is now technically on its fourth release. Endgame still has only had one.

Back