JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom JAMES BOND THREAD

Thanks for the pics!
I'll probably just get them both and see which one works for me and use the other one for something else.

You're welcome! I swapped out the Austria snow sunglasses that I customized from the Eleven head onto the Guess Me head and they're practically slipping off. If I can choose two Craig sculpts to get they would both be Elevens. I saw sculpts called Eleven on some eBay listings, but which look to be actually the Guess Me heads since the figures have recently hit the market, so I'd make sure first before pulling the trigger.

alright thanks dude, I'll just go with the Eleven then.
Now I wish I would have gotten a couple when they first released, but I decided to wait and see if something better would come along :lol

Because I'm an expert. Feel free to look back via search engine - it's well known and well-enough discussed.

A high post count does not make you an expert. I've seen the discussion about the different Craig sculpts including Eleven's and Black Box's from the time each one first came up. As for them being recasts, what's worse, one supposedly the recast of the other, which is a stupid leap to make, the burden is still on you instead of your flimsy attempt to dodge the inevitability of having nothing to back up what you said...by telling me to use the search engine? Now that's the funniest post of the day, lol.

Last edited:

Pixelpiper said:
They're the same sculpt. The "smaller" one is a recast. And they're both crap.

I have them both and they seem pretty different to me :dunno: The Guess Me has different hair, eyebrows, chin and a slight smirk

I also have both, per my comparison photos a few posts back. They're so fundamentally different, the bone structure, how close/near the eyes are from each other, the ears and as you said, the hair and the facial expressions. If one is a recast of the other, that's one magic recast.

I do a lot of my own casting using a variety of techniques. Some minor aspects of the black box head could be explained away as recast issues but the major issues can't. It may be accurate to say it is a heavily modified version of the eleven head that was then recast (and possibly shrunk), but it is definitely not just a bad recast. A certain amount of size difference can be attributed to recasting but not the difference you see between these two heads. I will recast something occasionally for my own use (usually resculpts of hair and such) and the size loss, when it is done correctly, is minimal to almost nonexistent. I do agree, however, that they are acceptable sculpts, but not great. And, yes, I own both and have examined them pretty closely.
I also have both, per my comparison photos a few posts back. They're so fundamentally different, the bone structure, how close/near the eyes are from each other, the ears and as you said, the hair and the facial expressions. If one is a recast of the other, that's one magic recast.

I wish someone would make a white tux outfit set. I would buy 3 straightaway.

red_carnation.jpg

No one needs Dalton and Moore heads painted by Mark Simpson for unpainted hs price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Drewflu,

I really appreciate your assessment, which is such a world of difference from just a flippant dismissal. I pretty much agree that if anything, the Eleven sculpt was used as a base point and was then heavily reworked. I do some casting myself and have seen various kinds of recasts ranging from plaster to PVC and see too much variance between the two sculpts to conclude that one is a recast of the other. There's just too much recast paranoia and angst out here, often a case of ad populum, that if it's mentioned often enough it gains acceptance as fact, which are how rumors get started!

I do a lot of my own casting using a variety of techniques. Some minor aspects of the black box head could be explained away as recast issues but the major issues can't. It may be accurate to say it is a heavily modified version of the eleven head that was then recast (and possibly shrunk), but it is definitely not just a bad recast. A certain amount of size difference can be attributed to recasting but not the difference you see between these two heads. I will recast something occasionally for my own use (usually resculpts of hair and such) and the size loss, when it is done correctly, is minimal to almost nonexistent. I do agree, however, that they are acceptable sculpts, but not great. And, yes, I own both and have examined them pretty closely.

You're welcome. I always prefer an argument to be backed up by a little more than "Hey, I'm right, Google it!".
Thanks, Drewflu,

I really appreciate your assessment, which is such a world of difference from just a flippant dismissal. I pretty much agree that if anything, the Eleven sculpt was used as a base point and was then heavily reworked. I do some casting myself and have seen various kinds of recasts ranging from plaster to PVC and see too much variance between the two sculpts to conclude that one is a recast of the other. There's just too much recast paranoia and angst out here, often a case of ad populum, that if it's mentioned often enough it gains acceptance as fact, which are how rumors get started!

Did you eve take pictures of your available sculpts, gido? I saw the old one from Simpson but its a bit dark.

Thing is I don't have normal camera-just mobile phone-That's why my pics are much worse as Simpsons.

Everyone uses their cell phone. Just take some pictures already. What's the harm? Did you ruin the paintjob or something? Are your heads deformed? Melted? Repainted as the Joker? What's wrong with them? Tell me, damn you, tell me!

LOL :)No they are fine.Just in my iPhone 4 pics all looks gray.But I'll make them ;)

Everyone uses their cell phone. Just take some pictures already. What's the harm? Did you ruin the paintjob or something? Are your heads deformed? Melted? Repainted as the Joker? What's wrong with them? Tell me, damn you, tell me!

:lol :lol

Back