JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Had to cancel my bids on this one. Was fired today and can't compete anymore. FML. Happy for whoever wins this set.

Finish the auction in 437+15,50 (shipping) pounds!! Uau!

If I end up not finding a Connery head sculpt, maybe I'll sell the Yunsil suit for $1000.

It will be close to that if the buyer has to get the sculpt painted.

If that sculpt was painted (and well) it would have sold for a lot more.

I agree with Doubleoh7:
"I never pay the big bucks for any of these customs. As an artist, I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into a creative project. But 5 or $700 for a headsculpt is too much for me. It would be different if there was only one, like a rare stamp or baseball card.
I purchased a professionally painted Connery and yunsil 007 gray suit on this SF site for under $150!

Wait until someone wants to sell one to buy their wife a new washer, then jump on it!"

and davejames:
"Yeah when you consider all the time and effort that must go into producing each element of a custom figure (the outfit, the headsculpt, the paintjob, the accessories), it's easy to understand why someone would want to charge a lot more than just the typical Sideshow price.

Although for me, $400 is probably the most I would ever consider for even the most sought-after figure. Much as I love the hobby and have the money, I just can't justify spending any more than that on these things."

For me, at the moment, it's to much for an incomplete figure. But, I also undertand the opinion of the others colectors, because notion of value it's not the same for all.

I really doubt about Doubleoh have got originals under 150$.Even in total disaster situation seller would trie to get if not profit, then same amount as spent.And he'll get 400-500 fir sure.So-could be possible to see pics of this under 150$ purchaisse please, Doubleoh?My opinion is figures should cost not more as 100-150, but we know-in custom world it's different...

Well, I remember my very first HT figs, around the time of Rambo. I thought the price was much too high at around $800 if I remember correctly, especially when Sideshould was around $50 at the same time. Now figs, not even customs, will cost you three times that price. Now, sure, the quality is better... But not that much. Some figs like the Godfather or Jor-el still hold their own and were only a fraction of what we pay now.
There used to be the fallacious excuse of rising costs, due to the prices of oil soaring... Not that much of a excuse anymore!

The sad truth? We're all guinea pigs! HT increased their prices (as did customizes) and watched from behind their desk when the market and U.S. Suckers would finally yield. So far, they've settled at around 220/2230...

We are responsible for this price increase, not them. They point the way and we run stupidly!

End of rant!:)

Well, I remember my very first HT figs, around the time of Rambo. I thought the price was much too high at around $800 if I remember correctly, especially when Sideshould was around $50 at the same time. Now figs, not even customs, will cost you three times that price. Now, sure, the quality is better... But not that much. Some figs like the Godfather or Jor-el still hold their own and were only a fraction of what we pay now.
There used to be the fallacious excuse of rising costs, due to the prices of oil soaring... Not that much of a excuse anymore!

The sad truth? We're all guinea pigs! HT increased their prices (as did customizes) and watched from behind their desk when the market and U.S. Suckers would finally yield. So far, they've settled at around 220/2230...

We are responsible for this price increase, not them. They point the way and we run stupidly!

End of rant!:)

I totally agree **16k**, principally when you said: "We're all guinea pigs!" and "We are responsible for this price increase, not them. They point the way and we run stupidly!".

It 'cause you, guys live in US, imagine in other countries like me ... overall crisis!

With mass-produced figures you have a lot of hands in the pot, distribution costs, overhead and a lot of factory workers to pay - plus making a profit. For customs you have an insane amount of work for any one person to do, even if you ignore everything else.

If I spend a week doing work, I want to get paid for at least a week's worth of work. If that work is difficult, preferably more, otherwise I might as well do something easy. ;)

I think none of us, Wor-Gar. At least, I do not, ahahaha.

Back