JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

I highly doubt that recast has a Silent Surfer quality paintjob lol

I think that's quite apparent even in the blurry photos just by the eyes alone.

If I'm honest, I do think it's a bit rich posting recasts of BBKill's work on here. SSF is pretty much his marketplace and you wouldn't want him to do what Trevor did and shut up shop.

I'm sure bbkill is keeping tabs. But man, I hope he doesn't close up shop.

If I'm honest, I do think it's a bit rich posting recasts of BBKill's work on here. SSF is pretty much his marketplace and you wouldn't want him to do what Trevor did and shut up shop.

Yeah I'm kinda feeling the same way. No doubt it's a nice looking recast... but it's still a recast. Of a head made by someone I thought we all really admired and respected on here. :dunno

Yeah I'm kinda feeling the same way. No doubt it's a nice looking recast... but it's still a recast. Of a head made by someone I thought we all really admired and respected on here. :dunno
If you see something you like on ebay go ahead and buy and enjoy the **** out of it...just remember that this is a place for artists not rip-off artists...so maybe it is a good idea to keep that enjoyment to yourself.

My sentiments are the same as in the die hard thread. Buy the recasts of you want, buy whatever you want but if you're admitting to it and posting pictures of it in the forums you are setting yourself up for judgment, deleted posts and possibly even being banned. This kind of thing is take very serious around here and for good reason.

This kind of thing is take very serious around here and for good reason.

:lecture I dropped that Die Hard thread like a hot potato once you pointed out that most people were posting photos of and advocating the pirated head sculpt.

My sentiments are the same as in the die hard thread. Buy the recasts of you want, buy whatever you want but if you're admitting to it and posting pictures of it in the forums you are setting yourself up for judgment, deleted posts and possibly even being banned. This kind of thing is take very serious around here and for good reason.

Its not a crime nor in any of the forum rules. Those who want to take a moral grandstand go right ahead, but don't you dare think you are free to insult other members for not sharing your values.

Its not a crime

Copyright infringement, forgery, and counterfeiting are all crimes/illegal.

nor in any of the forum rules.

Here are but three places copyright violation/infringement is mentioned:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/conduct.php
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/ippolicy.php
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_guide2

From that last link: Deliberately recasting another member’s creation without consent is not supported by this community.

Those who want to take a moral grandstand go right ahead, but don't you dare think you are free to insult other members for not sharing your values.

This isn't about values nor moral high ground. This is about some people supporting the illegal activity of copyright violation and profiting from someone else's hard work. No one leveled any insults here against anyone. Raymond's suggestion was a good one. Support IP thieves on your own time if that's how you roll, but don't bring it here into the forum.

Last edited:

Funny how you fail to acknowledge at all that the people creating these customs in the first place are just as guilty of the same copyright infringement.

This is less like copying a book or painting and more like ripping off a drug-dealer's recipe.

And of course all of these values go completely out the window when a figure like "Judge Daedd" comes out that everyone wants.

My problem is more with the massive hypocrisy in applying these values.

Buy up those 30 dollar heads! Just don't be posting em in here! If it wasn't for these scum of the earth thieving artists you wouldn't have them in the first place

Funny how you fail to acknowledge at

What's funny is that I've already pointed out to you that the subject is precisely against the spirit and guidelines of this forum, yet you're still seeking to skirt forum policies, make enemies and pollute this thread.

all that the people creating these customs in the first place are just as guilty of the same copyright infringement.

It's not the same thing at all from any perspective, including a legal one. If you'd care to educate yourself on this matter, please do so (elsewhere,) there are endless resources available to you. As it stand now, you're taking this thread off topic, which is also discouraged in the forum guidelines. I can help and even run you through some basics, but my help won't be free.

Last edited:

For me it's less about copyrights or illegality (since I'm hardly a saint myself when it comes to those things, particularly when it comes to certain TV shows I like to, ahem, watch), and more about just respect for one of our own. And for a sculptor who's provided a lot of great work that people here have enjoyed and would love to see a lot more of.

For me its not even about the recasts themselves. I know ive never bought one. I just hate the ridiculous witch hunts that go along with talking about them. One person even suggested starting a sticky thread where we could list members that have bought recasts so no one on this board sells to them.

Last edited:

I'm still looking for complete Connery figure from BBKill. Thank you.

Guys am looking for a Daniel Craig bbkill sculpt, don't suppose anyone has a spare one etc. Tried to contact bbkill a few times but he has vanished!!

The bbkill recast of 007 Connery is again on ebay (at a much larger quantity) and there is also a Dean Winchester sculpt that looks very much like the one bbkill had in development. Given the fact that he hasn't been heard from in quite a while, is it possible we will see his work offered on a larger scale? If he has managed to turn his art into a profit making endeavor then I say good for him...if he is just being ripped off then that is a true shame. I'm interested to hear opinions on this.

Those who want the figure of Daniel Craig as James Bond. What do you think of the face of Daniel Craig figure of the film "Cowboys & Aliens"? Adapt to head to a body with a tuxedo?

I think the face is well done, just the haircut I don't think it's cool. And you?

Already the figure of Connery, do you think the BBKill is the most perfect?

I have not seen many Connery Bond heads, but the one from BBKill painted by a pro is just perfect, period.

Back