JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

The greater possibility is he is just making copies and selling them without permission.

This is likely the case. But WRT that being moot, sorry, that's totally off base. Piracy of an artistic work is in no way justified nor excused because that artwork is not an officially licensed product (not that a single head portrait ever would be anyway).

And this person selling on eBay is not just "some guy" - he's not likely to be doing this alone if the sheer volume of sculpts and copies is any indication. This is someone who has access to at the very least a small production facility/staff.

This is likely the case. But WRT that being moot, sorry, that's totally off base. Piracy of an artistic work is in no way justified nor excused because that artwork is not an officially licensed product (not that a single head portrait ever would be anyway).

And this person selling on eBay is not just "some guy" - he's not likely to be doing this alone if the sheer volume of sculpts and copies is any indication. This is someone who has access to at the very least a small production facility/staff.
I'm only saying that it is a moot point because without it being a licensed product the artist has no recourse, not because it is right to copy someone's work. And I don't believe I ever referred to him as "some guy".

And I don't believe I ever referred to him as "some guy".

That part wasn't in reply to your post, it was just to elaborate that the seller isn't knocking these out one at a time - this is a sizeable operation.

Again back to licensing. You'll need to read up on copyright, which is entirely different from licensing, and not invalidated simply because the likeness of the artwork happens to be a real person. This is not to say that someone selling works featuring someone else's likeness isn't open for legal trouble in some jurisdictions. The laws on this are different from state to state and country to country and include in many cases a divisive line: whether the likeness is being used as an endorsement. Anyway, the bottom line is that it's anything but moot - some would even say "it's complicated," which is the polar opposite.

Last edited:

I agree that right to publicity and copyright are separate entities that tend to intersect from time to time, but most of that is thrown out the proverbial window given that all of this work is being produced in Asian markets. I'm getting ready to sell a Marv from Sin City sculpt that I just finished and I pray to god that Mickey Rourke doesn't get wind of it and shut me down. :slap:lol

Interesting bringing up Mickey Rourke... Who even without makeup and costume looks nothing like he did in the 80's. Or some would say a real person. ;)

Interesting bringing up Mickey Rourke... Who even without makeup and costume looks nothing like he did in the 80's. Or some would say a real person. ;)
HaHa That will be my defense if anybody complains 1425574616_mickey-rourke-zoom.jpg

If I had seen that photo out of context, I would have zero clue who it was. Wow.

Ok don't laugh, but thought I'd take a shot at doing a Craig sculpt. I wanted to try something besides the usual super-serious expression, but don't know if it came across well or not.

And yeah I realize it's probably still has a loooooong way to go yet. Lol

IMG_0348 (549x640).jpgIMG_0353 (548x640).jpg
IMG_0345 (533x640).jpg
IMG_0358 (574x640).jpg

That's amazing!:clap

The only thing, I think, could be improved is the hair. There's too much hair on that head for Craig. Maybe the nose could be a tad wider near the forehead. Other than that, I think we have a winner.!

Will you offer it?

That's amazing dave! And I agree completely with 16k. There's too much hair. Other than that it looks great!

A smirking bond...hmm.

What an incredible likeness! I really hope that you consider offering it as well, as I would buy one in a heartbeat! :clap

Ok don't laugh, but thought I'd take a shot at doing a Craig sculpt.

That's a great first pass, instantly recognizable. Don't take this the wrong way, but HT's sculptors could learn a thing or two from you.

Back