JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

I have a loose Sideshow Sean Connery Dr. No James Bond head sculpt. I want to make my own custom Bond with it. Which figure do you think I should make guys? Connery as Bond from Dr. No, Goldfinger, Thunderball? I really don't want to go with the traditional Bond in a tux. Any ideas guys? What 1/6 scale body would work the best for him? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

You really can't go wrong with a gray suit with a black tie. Most people would say use a True Type, but I think the traditional Sideshow Buck body is the way to go with Connery. And his hair is very specific to Dr. No. I think the outfit he wore to dinner with Dr. No would be cool. Did you see Ben's Crab Key Bond?

I hope HT picks up a master Bond license... would definitely buy a Connery Bond & Honey Ryder, probably some others.

There's lots of BOND figures I had on the work table at one time or another, most of which have since been made, but here's the ones I still have hopes to finish one day:

Bond in that shiny wetsuit from the Goldfinger opening

Bond in the gray Ninja suit from You Only Live Twice

Bond in the gray travel suit with hat from From Russia with Love

Bond as astronaut from You Only Live Twice

Oldies but goodies...

gf7.jpg

GF3.jpg

I already owned the "Phantom of the opera" figure,but it was Sideshows acquisition of this licence that cemented their place in my affections.

Just got this last night... soon to be Bond from "Goldfinger"...

BondCU3.jpg

SS sculpt
Les Walker paintwork
Big THANK YOU to paulcarson for this figure
Wor-Gar happy (again)

:D

Last edited:

Looks sweet mate, great job by Les. Good stuff!

I'd love my Legacy Brosnan re-painted.

Awesome-ness! Congrats, W-G!

I have a Les painted GF Bond too and couldn't be happier. :D

Thank you all!

I know this is reaching back into time for a lot of peopl -- all the way to the 60's -- so I appreciate the kind words for an ancient franchise.

I find this Bond (SS Legacy which is the same as SS Goldfinger) very difficult to photograph. His face is very angular so the macro shots get a little funny sometimes. But in-hand he's a thing of beauty... for a dude. :)

If I can get some better, more flattering shots I'll post 'em.

"Congratulations Wor-Gar, are you having lunch at the whitehouse too?"

What specific suit are you going to use?...

The one that a couple other guys have used -- the one I've been holding onto for a long time now -- the gray Clark Kent suit. I have to admit I was so jealous when I saw others use that suit before I could myself.

So stoked to finally put it to use. It's been sitting on my shelf, headless, waiting for Mr. Bond.

I'll post pics with him in the suit and with Auric this weekend.

"Congratulations Wor-Gar, are you having lunch at the whitehouse too?"

:)

The one that a couple other guys have used -- the one I've been holding onto for a long time now -- the gray Clark Kent suit. I have to admit I was so jealous when I saw others use that suit before I could myself.

So stoked to finally put it to use. It's been sitting on my shelf, headless, waiting for Mr. Bond.

I'll post pics with him in the suit and with Auric this weekend.

Great. I've got a second Legacy Bond (Connery) on the way-- I'm going to use the tux for a TOD Indy (Obi Wan Club) but I want to do something with the Connery hs and I'm definitely leaning towards a nice grey suit (a la Goldfinger to go with my Auric as well :D ). Can't wait to see the pics.

I think gray suit is the way too go, works for Goldfinger AND Thunderball.

In fact, I've never seen a Thunderball Bond in a gray suit with a blue shirt. That might look very smart.

thbll_480.jpg

Last edited:

Les is painting my SS bod heads too. All of them! Hope to have them in the new year soonish. While not up to par by today's realism standards they sure do have great likeness. Most notably Dr. No Sean and Legacy Roger.

Aside from those two I have Brosnan and Lazenby to look forward to as well as a random Andy B Goodfellas Deniro!

Would love to see some better quality pics of the Les Bond head

Back