JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firing mechanism for the missiles complete. A brass rod connected to the cigarette lighter, will pass through the engine block and push the actuator. When the missiles are hidden, the mechanism doesn't line up with the launchers, so they can't be fired accidentally.

am075.jpg

Once deployed, the mechanism can engage the launchers.

am076.jpg

Front and rear bumpers complete.

am077.jpg

am078.jpg

Started construction of the seats. The side bolsters are packed out with scraps of plasticard, then filled in.

am079.jpg

am080.jpg

Since the interior floor is raised, there's no room to fit seat rails. They'll be fixed in position.

am081.jpg

The seat base is shaped to be as low as possible.

am082.jpg

Seats backs under construction. They'll be hinged to tip forward, as it's essential to be able to get the cello on the back seats.

am083.jpg

Just thought i would take a few shots, as a kind of half-time report. My shed is quite cramped, so i'm not able to step back and check the overall appearance. It's already heavier than the Lotus.

am084.jpg

am085.jpg

am086.jpg

am087.jpg

am088.jpg

am090.jpg

am089.jpg

Completed the front seats.

am091.jpg

am092.jpg

How they will look once installed. I've had to recline the backrest a little more than usual, to provide enough headroom.

am093.jpg

Good access to the rear seats.

am094.jpg

A tight squeeze, but it should be ok. The rear part of the seat base is as low as possible, to maximise the headroom. By keeping the front and side edges quite high, the seats look normal and avoid looking flat.

am095.jpg

Seriously though, Marine Boy, where do you display these vehicles? Certainly not on your dining table.

And how are Little Nellie and the Wet Bike going?

I ran out of display space a while back, but this will be addressed in the near future. Some of the larger pieces i have, Ecto-1, Hulkbuster and all of the build projects are being stored in my shed for the time being. Once the weather gets a little warmer, i can finish some of my other projects, which are just waiting for paint.

Made the rear light assemblies. Each one starts as 4 strips of 2mm plasticard, glued into a block. 3 5mm holes are drilled where the LEDs will go. A Dremel is used for rough shaping.

am096.jpg

A scalpel is used to clean it up.

am097.jpg

Some chrome tape is applied to the insides.

am098.jpg

A patterned light panel was removed from a poundland cabinet light. The sides were glued down then shaped.

am099.jpg

A connector strip was glued to the back. The LEDs are simply plugged in, allowing easy replacement if necessary.

am100.jpg

2 coats of clear red and orange are applied.

am101.jpg

All done.

am102.jpg

Sidelight / indicator lenses fitted.

am103.jpg

Back