JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always happy with the Blackbox head:

New Bond Shirt 0001.JPG

I was undecided between Modern Life and the Balloonman one (found both versions available for purchase).

Both had pros and cons, but liked likeness a little more on ML, and I'm really loving how it turned out with Pop Toys gray suit and ZC muscular body.

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Having owned both (I sold the Balloonman one), they're both excellent sculpts, but the latter had some sizing issues that I couldn't dismiss. On the ML one, be careful with those ears as they're quite thin resin.

Having owned both (I sold the Balloonman one), they're both excellent sculpts, but the latter had some sizing issues that I couldn't dismiss. On the ML one, be careful with those ears as they're quite thin resin.
I learned that in the worst way possible... Broke left ear in first day, jut was able to glue it in a more or less decent way.

I guess it can be noticed only in a very close look:

d090ccd43558c3ed1af72b8db2f92ddd.jpg

it's always so subjective. I never owned the ML sculpt because I never much liked it. I'm obviously biased but this to me is the front runner...

0o6JKO.jpg
This looks really great. Just to confirm, this is the Balloonman one???

But totally agree on being subjective, no one so far is perfect.... as I said, all have pros and cons.

Also, depending on the angle one may have a stronger likenesses than the other.
For example, on this photo from Modern Life Instagram, their head looks really spot on (maybe also cause it's hiding the hair?), but from lower angles like your photo, I don't like ML head that much:

4dd572d46e7a0f988c2aebfc4503e341.jpg

Started painting some of the interior.

lotus73.jpg

lotus74.jpg

lotus75.jpg

Tried painting the Tartan pattern on the seats, but i wasn't happy with the way it was going or the amount of time it was taking. I've decided to print the pattern onto decal paper and apply it that way.

lotus76.jpg

Also started building the front suspension units. This will be largely hidden, so i'm making them strong, rather than accurate to the real car.

lotus77.jpg

Looking amazing! I take my hat off to anyone that can paint tartan freehand. I have a Nicholson Joker kit with tartan-like trousers and I have no idea where to start!

Scratchbuilt functional shock absorber.

lotus78.jpg

Fitted to the upright assembly.

lotus79.jpg

Front suspension is built as a single unit to make fitting / removal easier.

lotus80.jpg

Attached through the trunk area with just 2 screws. Steering rack is next to do.

lotus81.jpg

Scratchbuilt functional shock absorber.

Fitted to the upright assembly.

Front suspension is built as a single unit to make fitting / removal easier.

Attached through the trunk area with just 2 screws. Steering rack is next to do.

Just when you think this can't get any more incredible....

the unreleased iminime one and the Adam gu ones had the potential to be the epitome of Daniel Craig sculpts. Its what we tried to achieve with the Mina Yu sculpt and I think we got pretty close. I think it's actually bertter than the Gu one personally.

Finished the steering rack assembly.

lotus82.jpg

There are 2 microswitches fitted to turn the indicators on automatically.

lotus83.jpg

When the steering is turned, the centre screw will push down on the switch.

lotus84.jpg

Installed a mini servo for the pop-up headlamps. Shown in the closed position.

lotus85.jpg

Open, another microswitch will turn the headlamp LEDs on automatically.

lotus86.jpg

Constructed the front blade spoiler and radiator duct.

lotus87.jpg

lotus88.jpg

lotus89.jpg

Rear suspension is similar to the front. The rear tyres are much wider than they should really be, but i'm stuck with them.

lotus90.jpg

lotus91.jpg

lotus92.jpg

Back