JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said guru.
Here's a few from my bind collection. Most of mine are in storage but these guys got left out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Of course I meant Bond but I can't type worth crap:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Wor-Gar...I am truly amazed at your Connery villains. I know I've seen Goldfinger posted before and he is the best custom I've seen.

Indeed I forgot to mention that, Wor Gar those are incredible!

Thanks, guys! :bow Appreciate the kind words. I always feel a little self-conscious posting sub-HT quality customs but these have been a work-in-progress for so long they more or less span the entire 1/6th era from 2000 to present (yes, some of the bits actually go that far back).

The true low point of the series is the 80's.

Sad but true. The 80's had some of the best movies ever ... but Bond really suffered as a result. Amazing bases, gadgets, super-villains, crazy effects all became common place, leaving Bond little room for innovation. That coupled with the fact that the producers kept trying to 'copy' what was hot rather than create something new. I believe it started with "Moonraker" and went from there.

Here's another company jumping on the James Bond bandwagon. Maybe it's the angle, but I'm not impressed with the sculpt.
If only Hot Toys could get the license :pray:
13010614569f95bc2f4b301747.jpg

OUCH!
frown.gif
Looks like Michael Preston (Pappagallo from Road Warrior).

Have you ever actually watched the Bond movies?

"The Spy Who Loved Me" is top-tier Bond. "Live and Let Die" and "The Man With the Golden Gun" are also far better than Connery's "Diamonds Are Forever" which had the same director/writer. "Moonraker" is also far better than anyone gives it credit for. Yes, the climax is the low point of the franchise but there's an above-average Bond film leading up to it.

The true low point of the series is the 80's. True, Moore was the lead in 3 of those 5 films but after "Moonraker" it's like they shifted gears and decided to phone in a bunch of B-movies with lower budgets. They hired the worst director to ever helm a Bond movie (John Glen, who with all 5 80's films under his belt is the most-used director of the franchise) and basically counted on the Bond name and history to draw in the die-hards. All 5 of those films (the last 3 Moore films and both Dalton films, "License to Kill" being the worst film in the series) seem embarrassingly cheap and lazy, and it wasn't Roger Moore behind the camera nor was he the one writing the checks.

Like Connery Moore's run ranges from terrible to excellent and considering the fact that it ran for 12 years that happened to include one of the biggest changes in regards to the film industry (namely the dawn of the blockbuster and the "young Hollywood/movie brat" era) his run was a victim to a lot more behind-the-scenes changes than any other Bond actor.

The "Moore Era" itself proves just how ignorant and illogical it is to use such a term. For that matter, "Connery Era" does too. If you think something like "Diamonds Are Forever" is worthy of "From Russia With Love" AND superior to "The Spy Who Loved Me" then you need to pay better attention to the movies themselves.

It sounds like yo need to go back and watch the films again too.

Finally got around to finalizing and posing some old and some new BOND figures....

Blofeld got an upgrade...

BLOFELD2_zps8986c81d.jpg
BLOFELD5_zpscac04878.jpg

Goldfinger got some jewelry and a Delta-9 canister too...

Goldfinger3_zps5687d445.jpg
Goldfinger1_zps5a2a2502.jpg

And Largo got his sexy assassin...

Fiona3_zpsf80e345c.jpg
Fiona5_zpsfa5d7581.jpg

LargoFionaa_zps2d9da2d4.jpg
LargoFionab_zps4aceb298.jpg

My Trinity of Villains...

GoldfingerBlofeldLargo1_zpsa62dcf90.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied with Blofeld and Largo... but Goldfinger needs a better body I think. It's doesn't have the right pear shape. I may just 'stuff' my own to get that true Auric shape and posture.

Great collection,

And yes, I have seen the movies, all of them and many times too! Even the Essential James Bond book I have doesn't rate the Moore movies, and that was an official book! The guys that wrote that know Bond better than any of us.

We are all entitled to our own opinions and views regardless of whether they happen to be the same as the masses or the few

Got Oddjob's body shape where I want it now...

ODDJOBv34_zpsaea93c51.jpg
ODDJOBv32_zps668c4bd5.jpg
ODDJOBV35_zpse8896804.jpg

Sorry about the blurry ones but the light was nearly gone. This is Oddjob 3.0 -- took me a couple goes to get the right shape. I tried the Stark mech-test pants because of the stripes on the v1 but the pants were just too slim, had to revert back to Sideshow's and just drop the pants lower and cuff the pant legs. It's amazing just how much stuffing I had to use and how thick the body under the clothes actually is. He's on a shorter body to start, not the lanky Sideshow one.

I did the 'body reshaping' for Largo, Blofeld and now Oddjob and I'm getting the hang of it now. I actually really like to customize the bodies now to get the right shape, especially for characters where it matters. I think it really adds to figures that are otherwise rather simple.

Now I have to redo Goldfinger. The parts are solid but the body is more Humpty-Dumpty then it should be.

Last edited:

Got Oddjob's body shape where I want it now...

ODDJOBv34_zpsaea93c51.jpg
ODDJOBv32_zps668c4bd5.jpg
ODDJOBV35_zpse8896804.jpg

Sorry about the blurry ones but the light was nearly gone. This is Oddjob 3.0 -- took me a couple goes to get the right shape. I tried the Stark mech-test pants because of the stripes on the v1 but the pants were just too slim, had to revert back to Sideshow's and just drop the pants lower and cuff the pant legs. It's amazing just how much stuffing I had to use and how thick the body under the clothes actually is. He's on a shorter body to start, not the lanky Sideshow one.

I did the 'body reshaping' for Largo, Blofeld and now Oddjob and I'm getting the hang of it now. I actually really like to customize the bodies now to get the right shape, especially for characters where it matters. I think it really adds to figures that are otherwise rather simple.

Now I have to redo Goldfinger. The parts are solid but the body is more Humpty-Dumpty then it should be.

Exceptional work Wor-Gar!

Thank you very much, guys!

Yep, my Rogues have been in the "building" stages for over a decade more or less, so its definitely fun -- and a huge monkey off my back -- to have these characters finished at last.

Although I guess they're never really finished; just forever a work-in-progress.

Yep, my Rogues have been in the "building" stages for over a decade more or less, so its definitely fun -- and a huge monkey off my back -- to have these characters finished at last.

Although I guess they're never really finished; just forever a work-in-progress.

They're never finished, they just escape.

Built new improved body for Goldfinger....

GOLDFINGER2_zpsb6fe3c04.jpg

He's more pear-shaped now but I think I could add a bit to his belly still... hmmmmm.... never done.

Great work... What did you use specifically for the Odd Job reshaping? (I also have to get better clothes for my Auric...)

Wor-Gar, your villains are amazing. I absolutely love the effort and detail you've put into Goldfinger! I love villains, so I'm always thrilled to death to see them given as much love as the heroes.

I'm going to be scratch-sculpting Craig Bond, Whishaw Q, and Silva soon. I'm psyched to start, but work is looking to be awful this week.

Aw, shucks, thank you very much, you guys! :bow

What did you use specifically for the Odd Job reshaping?

I have a very sophisticated way of "reshaping" the bodies....

Oddjobrebuiltbody_zps721efe96.jpg

Secret ingredient: paper towels and scotch tape. :lol

The real trick though is getting the right shape with 1/6th scale clothing. Oddjob was version 3 because I had to keep stripping him down and building up the 'bulk' until he looked like a little refridgerator.

I'm going to be scratch-sculpting Craig Bond, Whishaw Q, and Silva soon.

I would love to add a Craig Bond and a Silva villain to my BOND collection so I'll be eagerly watching for your work. As you've already ascertained, I love my villains.

Villains final poses...

BlofeldLargoGoldfingerOddjobFinal1_zpsae88f0ef.jpg

3VillainsFinal1_zps04c8e7e5.jpg

Before I had to make them, I never really realized that ALL the old Bond villains wear rings, even Oddjob.

Back