JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Well for what it's worth, here's my attempt at a Craig Bond with the head I sculpted. Of course only after painting it up did I notice all the dozens of things that need corrected and refined, but oh well. I'll probably just leave it as is for now and use it as a placeholder until something better comes along. :)

And I know the body's a bit too buff for Craig, but it's the only spare I have around at the moment (and plus it kinda fills out the MG Toys suit really well).

View attachment 228063

View attachment 228064

View attachment 228065

Very nicely done!

Well for what it's worth, here's my attempt at a Craig Bond with the head I sculpted. Of course only after painting it up did I notice all the dozens of things that need corrected and refined, but oh well. I'll probably just leave it as is for now and use it as a placeholder until something better comes along. :)

And I know the body's a bit too buff for Craig, but it's the only spare I have around at the moment (and plus it kinda fills out the MG Toys suit really well).

View attachment 228063

View attachment 228064

View attachment 228065

View attachment 228070

Damn, that's great work.

Dave,

I really think you're selling yourself short. I think your Craig sculpt is very, very nice! In fact, I'd rate it over the Eleven and it could even shade the Ace. It's the first I've seen where I see Daniel straight away. You've captured all the features you'd expect to see. If you think you can refine it and do an even better one then you could have something definitive on your hands. As it is, I think you could cast what you have here and sell a shedload. You've got real talent and shouldn't hide it or be too critical of yourself.

One thing I have just realised about the Ace is that it's neckless, meaning that I'd have to get another body if I were to use it, which is a bit of a minus point right now as I'd want to use that narrow shouldered Worldbox body and I don't know if it ever got released.

I would like to see yours DC unpainted sculp, Dave, but I also think it's very good DC version.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave,

I really think you're selling yourself short. I think your Craig sculpt is very, very nice! In fact, I'd rate it over the Eleven and it could even shade the Ace. It's the first I've seen where I see Daniel straight away. You've captured all the features you'd expect to see. If you think you can refine it and do an even better one then you could have something definitive on your hands. As it is, I think you could cast what you have here and sell a shedload. You've got real talent and shouldn't hide it or be too critical of yourself.

Thanks. And yeah I'm happy enough with the basic likeness; it's just the roughness of the sculpt and poor detail I'm not really happy with. I just got too impatient to finish and didn't take enough time to put in all the subtle, super fine detail you really need to have in a head like this. Hopefully at some point I can cast a wax version and refine it a lot further then. :)

Wonderful work davejames! The likeness really shines through on the sculpt! :)

Just remembered that i didn't post final paint app on BBkill's Brosnan sclupt by Pete. I still don't like the nose but in general i'll do something decent with it. Still didn't get it on hands though because of another project with Pete. Didn't expect all this stuff to be so time-consuming if being honest. And even when head arrives it's still like 65% complete and i still need to change a lot of small details on the suit and etc.

View attachment 227903
thats awesome! The best I've seen that sculpt look. Pete does amazing work. I know first hand!

I had high hopes, but going by these pictures, the hunt continues.

c9404a45e2b674dfc91b9722576ce31f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Official james bond thread

After seeing all these pictures of the eleven and ace toys head, I think I'll stick with my bbkill head. I'm happy with what I've got:

01a7fa2a43287ed270b55f09caf7b035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never get tired of seeing your Craig figure Platty. Its definitely one of the best out there! :)

Out of curiosity would anybody be interested in seeing Bond side character sculpts such as Q, Blofeld or Onatopp? Rocco has previously expressed interest in doing some other Bond characters, but I'm not really sure what the demand is for them or which characters everyone would like to see so I figured I'd ask. :)

Out of curiosity would anybody be interested in seeing Bond side character sculpts such as Q, Blofeld or Onatopp? Rocco has previously expressed interest in doing some other Bond characters, but I'm not really sure what the demand is for them or which characters everyone would like to see so I figured I'd ask. :)
No interest In any character besides the Bond actors for me. Let's see how those turn out first

Rob doesn't like villains but I do, Alex. As mentioned before, I'd be in for Blofeld, Goldfinger, Largo, Red Grant... the oldies but goodies for me.

That said, I would suggest that any artist pace himself. Too many "requests" can become overwhelming quickly.

Bonds first, then villains. Got to get Dalton and Lazenby done before we move on to other characters.

Back