Jakk's Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jakk's 31" Star Wars line

Don't be detracted by those issues. The Jakks Stormtrooper is a very cool and impressive piece in person. You can even realize it has as more accurate helmet sculpt than both 1:6 and 1:4 Stormtroopers from SSC.

Correct, and only the Disney 1:6 stands up to the jakks.....sideshow's approximated sculpts are overshadowed by the accuracy of these pieces......

Saw the 18" Yoda and had to get it. I actually like it, and $30 is a fair price. For sure I'm getting R2 once I see it.

Do you mind posting a pic? I might grab one from BBTS to go with my 31" Vader.

I'm at work now but heres a comparison I found online. Check your local target, its on sale for $30.

22643587002_b3d88218f0_b.jpg

I like these. Was at my local drug store and they had R2. Picked one up!
IMG_2140.JPG

I can't find the regular 31" stormies. All I ever see is Han and Luke stormtrooper

Hello together,
first sorry for my terrible english :) i like the jakks figures a lot. Perfect for customizing. i also bought a 31" stormtrooper and did some modifications. Here is the result. Sorry, but i don't know how to rotate the picture.
Pascal

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 225

Hello together,
first sorry for my terrible english :) i like the jakks figures a lot. Perfect for customizing. i also bought a 31" stormtrooper and did some modifications. Here is the result. Sorry, but i don't know how to rotate the picture.
Pascal

Wow Iv considered doing something very similar... that looks sooo good. You did an excellent job on that. Just goes to show with a little time, you can turn a cheaper figure into something that looks so much more.

Toysrus has the 31" figures on sale for $25. Just did the store pick up for Vader. Hope they still got them.

Thank you! Next i try to modify Vader and Yoda. Did you started with yours?

Thank you! Next i try to modify Vader and Yoda. Did you started with yours?

I havnt yet . All i have done is gloss the helmet but I was thinking of doing a sand trooper like yours. The vader would really benefit with a new cape.

Hello together,
Pascal
image.jpg

Rotated for you, this looks fantastic!
A little weathering and adjustments and this looks like a collectible which would cost in the 100's.
I've been making some custom bases for my 18" bigfigs so they fit in with the Premium Format statues a little better been considering getting some putty and changing the poses think I'm definitely going to have to do this now after seeing this. You don't see many people customizing these which is a shame as the quality of the sculpts is really high imo especially on the armoured figures.
I repainted the Captain Phasma in a more chrome looking paint but I can't find a thread for the 18" line.

Thank you! I am with you, the sculpt of the armour and helmets are great. The armour is the only thing, that i used from the Jakks figure. I cutted it out, built a complete new body, put some selfmade clothes and the repainted armour on it. so its built up like a premium format figure. Maybe we should start a Jakks customizing thread. Would be great to collect ideas.

defiantly should start a custom thread. here is one im working on. its the 18 inch storm trooper.its on a modified neca 1/4 batman body: WP_20151214_23_01_55_Pro.jpg WP_20151215_01_13_33_Pro.jpg

Thank you! I am with you, the sculpt of the armour and helmets are great. The armour is the only thing, that i used from the Jakks figure. I cutted it out, built a complete new body, put some selfmade clothes and the repainted armour on it. so its built up like a premium format figure. Maybe we should start a Jakks customizing thread. Would be great to collect ideas.

That's even better I didn't realise you'd made a cloth undersuit!
I really want to do similar with the Scout trooper 18" figure, I've made a custom base for all of mine but the only figure I've customised is Phasma to give her a more shiny chrome like finish.
2015-12-19 20.22.17.jpg
2015-12-19 20.22.31.jpg

I'm also planning on picking up the 18" Finn figure and putting his head on the new FA stormtrooper figure and giving the armour a clear coat to make it glossy.
Going to use the left over helmet to either put on the base or on his empty hand.

Anyone picked up the 48" Vader? I don't know where to display it yet but for $70 I just ordered one.

$70 for the Vader? That's fantastic; lowest I've seen so far is $85 at K-Mart.

I'm getting the First Order Stormtrooper this week and have been considering doing a clear coat to give the armor a shine (not sure why they cast the TFA troopers in matte plastic). Any ideas as to what would work best? I've heard about people having good luck with everything from Krylon sprays to car paint.

Back