Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1163bf65aee3ea8e4e1896a6054f7c9c.jpg

Tried the darkening of the suit and face, it's a massive improvement over stock&stupidly easy.
Gonna tweak it a lot though think it looks a little too shiny&dark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sculpted with milliput and painted with a super fine brush. Face repainted always make a huge difference even if you aren't an expert.

Update- Cape and trying out a silver dry brush on my 31" superman. I might actually change the colour a bit. What do you guys think?

IMAG0321.jpg
IMAG0323.jpg
IMAG0326.jpg
IMAG0329.jpg
IMAG0330.jpg
IMAG0331.jpg
IMAG0332.jpg
IMAG0334.jpg
IMAG0335.jpg
IMAG0336.jpg

I can see them now

Bat cape is a little thick but great shape on shoulder

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Update- Cape and trying out a silver dry brush on my 31" superman. I might actually change the colour a bit. What do you guys think?

View attachment 250211
View attachment 250212

View attachment 250220

Any tips or lessons learned on the cape? I tried cutting a template this week and couldn't quite get the right cut so held off on cutting my pleather. Out of town this weekend so put off till next week now.

Also are you going to repaint the Supes head? Interested to see if it would be worth it to pick up.

Any tips or lessons learned on the cape? I tried cutting a template this week and couldn't quite get the right cut so held off on cutting my pleather. Out of town this weekend so put off till next week now.

Also are you going to repaint the Supes head? Interested to see if it would be worth it to pick up.

Re-painting Supes head is a little further down the line. I want to finish Wonder-Woman first. Supes head sculpt is way better than WW's so I won't be doing a full re-sculpt like with her, but I do intend to improve couple of things. All-in-all, Batfleck sculpt was kind f a fluke and superman and WW are good, but sub-par.

I think supes will look great if you're decent at repainting heads. There's an entire video series on YouTube about repainting heads- which i intend to follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGEvORR2Bvk

The sculpt is there, but Supes's skintone looks pale and bland, especially if you compare it to my (amateur) repaint of Bat's face. It makes a huge difference. I think the body has amazing texture though. Add in a dark Wash for the crevices and dry-brush the raised textures out and you'll have a pretty solid looking suit. The problem is nailing the colours for these. I've looked at lots of references, and it's not clear to me what these are - mainly because the suit has changes from MOS and has become a little brighter. Not many close ups of the BVS suit. Only secondary sources like the Prime 1 studios statue.

I will say that supes has potential if you're confident you can customise him right. His cape is also lousy, so a good mod would be to replace that.

As for Batman's cape. I think i did exactly what cosplay chris did? Is there anything specific about cutting the cape you are curious about?

Use the original cape as reference for length and make the circumference of your circular cut a lot wider. You will need a whole lot more fabric for this than the original cape has - I had to use about 1m^2 of faux leather. Also make your semi-circle more than 180 degrees.

19" WW WIP.
Always hard to repaint female face, I need to fix her eyes.

Original
242FB64C56D2830225F367

Repaint
2721804456DCDEF711C738

Blocked all screw holes.
217C904E56DCE3301BF55A

Last edited:
北京国安;8476109 said:
I can see them now

Bat cape is a little thick but great shape on shoulder

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thanks! will try flatten it using a hair dryer and pressure. As for the thickness, you're right :) might buy a new material down the line.

Back