Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can confirm that the Kiwi shoe polish looks great on the Armored figure at least. Just got the figure and the shoe polish so tried it on my lunch break. I'll go over everything with oil and do the rest of the details after I finish my normal Bats but love the shine look on the armored figure and makes the color really spot on.

View attachment 247976
View attachment 247977

That looks freaking awsome!!!

Thanks! I actually just sprayed from the can. Taped off the head to make sure there was no overspray. I made sure I sprayed not to close with clean, even strokes until I liked the appearance of stubble.

That actually looks pretty sweet! I might try airbrushing a five o' clock shadow onto mine too. (Even though I know you used a can :p)

What kind of matte polish did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry not Matte polish, just regular black acrylic paint which looked pretty matte when dried. I did put some matte varnish over it after but i hardly made a difference because it was so matte to begin with. What I really want is some sort of dulling spray which will make the grey portions look flat.

I've also added wax to the back portions to give those bits a bit of sheen and draw the eyes to them.

Thanks man, it turned out awesome. I plan on using matte varnish to reduce the gloss. I was really torn between dry brushing the entire suit (flat black then dry brush in grey for enhance the texturing) and using the shoe polish. The shoe polish still darkened the suit a bit, which I liked, but the sheen is bothering me. I hope the matte varnish can do the trick.

Let me know how that goes. I'm pretty new at modding figures too so I wouldn't know how well it would end up :) . However intuition tells me it's probably better to paint in matte and cover with matte varnish as opposed to starting off with glossy shoe polish (meant to make black shoes shine after all).

I might be completely wrong though and it would make no difference at all. I will say that the shoe polish seems to have such low surface tension that it does make an excellent wash (unlike the paint which I used, so difficult to work with i was FORCED to dry brush). Seriously slash up your figure more too. I literally was swinging at my batman with a box cutter like crazy, I feel like the slashes diffuse light off the surface of the plastic more (hence making it look more like cloth). My housemates thought I was crazy :p

I also intend to use plastic cement on the arms. no point having such rudimentary articulation IMO. Much rather the figure comes across as a statue. Fix the joint with cement and rescupt over everything to give it a super clean look.

Let me know how that goes. I'm pretty new at modding figures too so I wouldn't know how well it would end up :) . However intuition tells me it's probably better to paint in matte and cover with matte varnish as opposed to starting off with glossy shoe polish (meant to make black shoes shine after all).

I might be completely wrong though and it would make no difference at all. I will say that the shoe polish seems to have such low surface tension that it does make an excellent wash (unlike the paint which I used, so difficult to work with i was FORCED to dry brush). Seriously slash up your figure more too. I literally was swinging at my batman with a box cutter like crazy, I feel like the slashes diffuse light off the surface of the plastic more (hence making it look more like cloth). My housemates thought I was crazy :p

I also intend to use plastic cement on the arms. no point having such rudimentary articulation IMO. Much rather the figure comes across as a statue. Fix the joint with cement and rescupt over everything to give it a super clean look.

I actually started to lightly sand down everywhere on the suit to reduce the gloss and it definitely helped. I also sanded the larger "tubes" and used an exacto knife to lightly shave it in order to enhance the connected stitched appearance like you did on yours. Definitely made a difference. I'm going to start slashing the suit it a bit like you mentioned. Keep us posted on the arm mod!

Edit: I began "slashing" up the suit --so far below the belt-- with an exacto knife. This makes a huge difference!

I actually started to lightly sand down everywhere on the suit to reduce the gloss and it definitely helped. I also sanded the larger "tubes" and used an exacto knife to lightly shave it in order to enhance the connected stitched appearance like you did on yours. Definitely made a difference. I'm going to start slashing the suit it a bit like you mentioned. Keep us posted on the arm mod!

Edit: I began "slashing" up the suit --so far below the belt-- with an exacto knife. This makes a huge difference!

That looks much better. Texture looks great.

This thread is so inspiring it makes me want to get the 31" Batfleck and have it modded. Great job, guys! Your modifications surely bring out the great sculpt in this figure.

Resculpting Wonderwoman's face in milliput. This is still a WIP. Feedback is appreciated. I KNOW I haven't nailed the likeness yet but i'll get there :p --hopefully.......

IMAG0291.jpg
IMAG0292.jpg
IMAG0293.jpg
IMAG0294.jpg

I'm doing somethings different but I really am inspired by a lot of the photos shown here. Still in progress;;
1st change is to fill in the seams for the articulation. I don't really plan of moving the arms or waist so I just filled it in. With the potential of this piece, I just couldn't bear to see those seam lines. 2nd change is to remove the cowl completely, I will just drape the cape underneath it, I think it will look better. Also, I'm still trying to find the right size ball to create a ball joint for the neck and head. I already cut out a small part of the jowl? underneath so it will be able to look down or up just a tad. 2nd pic is blurry I just wanted to show the cut off cowl.

I still need to paint the face and finish the shoe polish and matte it. of course, the cape as well.
IMG_20160225_143446821_zpsjmmldeod.jpg

IMG_20160225_143508665_zpsm2fmufyo.jpg

I'm doing somethings different but I really am inspired by a lot of the photos shown here. Still in progress;;
1st change is to fill in the seams for the articulation. I don't really plan of moving the arms or waist so I just filled it in. With the potential of this piece, I just couldn't bear to see those seam lines. 2nd change is to remove the cowl completely, I will just drape the cape underneath it, I think it will look better. Also, I'm still trying to find the right size ball to create a ball joint for the neck and head. I already cut out a small part of the jowl? underneath so it will be able to look down or up just a tad. 2nd pic is blurry I just wanted to show the cut off cowl.

I still need to paint the face and finish the shoe polish and matte it. of course, the cape as well.
View attachment 248629

View attachment 248630

Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product

Has anyone found a pleather material for a replacement cape that is pleather on both sides? I've checked JoAnns and a couple other fabric stores and they all have that white back mesh on one side.

How'd you fill in the joints? did you use plastic cement?

Back