Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope Jakks decides to do some DC Legacy figures in the future: Batman Returns Batman and Batman 1989 Joker being at the top of my wishlist. The latter being more unlikely due to Nicholson's likeness fees, but one can hope.

QUESTION:
Has anyone figured out a way to add skin texture detail (pores mainly) to these headsculpts?

I did a few custom Dc Jakks repaints!
Sorry for the crappy photos
. Enjoy
9df8d97276e65b2984d328af0b866443.jpg
a683873fbea18488c676b0f035fa44a1.jpg
f2c26764396cc7fde5307006f17df6df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like the paint scheme. I just placed a pre-order. I hope Jakks will still continue on the the regular line since that's what I have been collecting.

Yeah, I hope they continue the regular line too. A big reason why their BvS Batman looks great is because he doesn't have a lot of ugly joints throughout his suit.

I'd like to see them redo their armored BvS Batman with more articulation though.

Just a little update on the Jakks Pacific Big Fig Evolution Rebirth Batman with 20+ points of articulation

Amazon cancelled my preorder with the statement below:
Hello,
Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:
"DC Universe Theatrical Batman Rebirth Action Figure, 8 Pieces, (1 Batman & 7 Accessories), Gray, 19-Inch BIG-FIG"
We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. We must also apologize for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion.

All is not lost though, I contacted Jakks Pacific and received the following reply:
We apologize for the inconvenience or dissatisfaction this may have cause, I was able to look into this matter and the figure you are inquiring about will be available at Target and Target.com in November. I hope you find this information helpful if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Looks like I'll be checking out Target and Target.com in November :)

81xpXyBsaXL._SL1500_.jpg

hey alan ,wouldn't worry too much about the amazon cancelation ,i got the same thing for wesley shipp flash and carter wonder woman ,no sign of carter but shipps on there for regular price with shipping available to the uk ,so dont give up yet

as to target ,well if your in the uk it might be bad news im afraid

i tried to buy the new megos on the target website but
in spite of this information

Can Target deliver to the UK?
US retailer Target has launched an international version of its website, making its products available to UK shoppers for the very first time. ... When international guests visit Target.com, they will be taken to the new portal, where they can designate the country they would like to ship to and also choose their currency.30 Oct 2015

id been up and at it for a couple of hours ,finally get wonderwoman in my cart ,go to check out ,struggle to correct the address choices ,
contact the help desk chat thing

and get this

Richard: Hi! My name is Richard. How can I help you today?
Me: hi im in the uk and have 2 items in my order and am having problems checking out
Richard: Where would you like to ship the item?
Me: to me in the uk
Richard: I am sorry Christopher. We don't ship to UK currently.
Richard: Can I help you with anything else?
Richard: Thanks for visiting Target.com. I hope you'll visit us again soon!

Chat has ended. Have another question?
Call us at: 1-800-591-3869
The agent has ended the chat.

disappointing to say the least :thud:

let me know if you find away round it ,and thanks for the kind words in the mezco thread :hi5:

Heads up: Found the some of the tribute figures at Burlington yesterday for 17.99 each. At that price (cheaper than Big Lots has charged for standard Big Figs), I had to go back today and pick up Superman.

agQty9H.jpg

Last edited:
Just a little update on the Jakks Pacific Big Fig Evolution Rebirth Batman with 20+ points of articulation

Amazon cancelled my preorder with the statement below:

All is not lost though, I contacted Jakks Pacific and received the following reply:

Looks like I'll be checking out Target and Target.com in November :)

81xpXyBsaXL._SL1500_.jpg

Would love if they do Animated Series Batman

Jakks has announced that BIG FIGS are on hold through 2019 and may or may not come back at a later date. That’s a shame.

Jakks has announced that BIG FIGS are on hold through 2019 and may or may not come back at a later date. That’s a shame.

looks like they may not have renewed DC movie license? Nothing from Aquaman….doubt these sold well enough but the JL line was one of their best...

looks like they may not have renewed DC movie license? Nothing from Aquaman….doubt these sold well enough but the JL line was one of their best...

The DC master license seems to be in a period of transition, with it going to Spin Master in 2020. Having never even heard of them before, I’m not exactly filled with confidence.

You mean Mattel will no longer have it??

That’s correct - Superhero Girls will be the only property that they control as of 2020.

Spin Master, a company that has little to no experience in the action figure market will be calling the shots. Going to be interesting to see if they can make a go of it.

Grabbed a cheap 19” bats from eBay.
Cut out the mouth and started sculpting a replacement for it.
I wanted something more detailed and less Affleck.

I’m trying to lean it more towards TDKR bats but I’m not too worried about accuracy to anything:dunno

Considering cutting the mouth hole open wider but I’m not sure yet.

Planning on giving him a spandex suit and a comic accurate belt.

Attachments

• 79B4C84F-DA2D-4DEF-81E2-150E1C65F3DD.jpg
    79B4C84F-DA2D-4DEF-81E2-150E1C65F3DD.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hi Bat Fans, here's my DC Comics Tribute Batman with custom cape (literally had to visit a seamstress close to a dozen times), scratch-built utility belt, modified cowl (made ears longer, the eyes more like slits and the face opening narrower) and custom base. Going with the comics tribute style, it's based on the Neal Adams/Jim Aparo/Irv Novick style, my favorite Batman era.
Big_Figs_Tribute_Batman_Custom_1.jpgBig_Figs_Tribute_Batman_Custom_2.jpgBig_Figs_Tribute_Batman_Custom_3.jpg

Last edited:
Back