Jabba's Skiff Guards??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic work guys! :clap:rock:clap:rock

Chaka-I like the shoulder/chest piece you've done.I was thinking for Nik's cap you could glue some craft fur,trim it down & glue the little horn nubs made with sculpty?I recall you making some sculpty studs for one of you klaatu guards.

Feroze-any chance your GF could make a few more of those snazzy turtleneck sweaters for Pote?:wink1:

Thanks Duane, I will probably hit Hobby Lobby tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Well, I was in the process of cleaning some stuff out today and found Kithaba buried among the mess. I decided to paint the new head Mark sent me and finish this guy up.

kith50.jpg

kith51.jpg

kith52.jpg

One more off the list!! :D Now onto Pote and Nitko....

Nice.I almost forgot about him...alot of skiff guards floating around,lol.How many skiff guards are you up to Chris?

I was too thinking,if craft fur is too thick,even trimmed down,I do recall seeing this method of brushing felt with a small wire brush.The stiff wires snag & pull the fibers giving it a slight furry appearance.

Well...overcoming a few distactions(again) over the past few weeks,I've managed to finish the final pieces needed to complete ReeYees.
I slapped a quick paint job on him(which I'll most likely redo)& threw some clothes on him & snapped a few pics.
DSC00346.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

Wow Duane, that looks great!!! Those hands look spot on. I imagine those were a challenge. Ree-Yees, sooo cool!!

Well, I think I have Nikto's head gear sorted out. I used a bath towel, the same one I used to do Wooof's skirt. I slapped some paint over it and made the studs/horns out of sculpy. I am not sure this is the final version, but wanted to see what it looked like. It was kinda hard to tell what color they were from my picture.

nikto50.jpg

nikto51.jpg

nikto52.jpg

Oh yeah, I think I have about 15-16 Skiff Guards done or being worked on at the moment.

Thanks Chris.There's more detail in the hands than the crappy pic shows.I'll post a better one when I redo the paint.

Nikto's hat looks good.Great idea of using the towel.Looks like some mangled roadkill:lol
The color seems alright...maybe dull it up a little.Over all I think it fine & would just keep what you have IMHO.

Wow,15-16 guards.That's awesome.I knew you had quite a few at this point.

I just about forgot that I had this.Maybe this could help some.Bill(vivisect) sent me this some time back.It's got to be the best resilution of most common pic(& just about only)of nikto I've seen.
niktosand.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Duane. I think I will go back and all the small studs to the chestpiece and headwrap now that I can see them a bit better. :D

Well, I think I have Nikto's head gear sorted out. I used a bath towel, the same one I used to do Wooof's skirt. I slapped some paint over it and made the studs/horns out of sculpy. I am not sure this is the final version, but wanted to see what it looked like. It was kinda hard to tell what color they were from my picture.

Thats what I used for the prototype hat I have half finished for Duane, made me feel sort of stupid for not thinking of using it for the apron/skirt thing for the other guy like you did.:slap

That picture I sent Duane is nice but the other one shows more of the legs so its good to have both.

Goodness lord on a cross Chris, He is looking mighty fine indeed!!!
AND Duane... Ree my Chuffin Yeessir indeedio, He looks so totally amazingly splediferoius old chap. L.O.V.E I.T.

I just think ever time you do a new sculpt it just gets better and better, I can not wait until you start selling the casts because I will be banging on your door mate!!

And what's next?????

Elpant Mon, Hermi Odle, Saelt-Mara or how about a droid????
EV-9D9, 8D8 or how about a real challenge and do a Rancor!!!!

PICT0009-3-2.jpg

PICT0010-6-2.jpg

(this is Feroze's g.f. Rav talking)
progress on Pote. Jacket cut and stitched, need to add metal deco and fastening at the front. I would have liked to have used a fabric that would have draped better but went for colour and texture, from what i had available. Fixed bulky sleeves so they roll up. Had to undo hem and leave a raw edge.

Duane, no can do man, sorry, this was a one time deal out of pity.
I would love to make one, but I'm so busy, I just can't. Sorry dude :(

Edit, I take no responsibility for the trousers :)

Feroze,Rav-Pote is coming along nicely....fantastic paint & outfit.I can only imagine the awesomeness once complete.:clap

Duane, no can do man, sorry, this was a one time deal out of pity.
I would love to make one, but I'm so busy, I just can't. Sorry dude :(
That's a bummer:( It looks really good Rav.I would love to have one but I can unfortunately understand not having the time to do things.
Just keep in mind should you get the time to,I'm sure there are a few folks here also would like a nice Pote shirt.:wink1:

she's awesome, an age ago she trained as textile designer- she used to weave her own fabric, operate looms, make clothes. These days she's a teacher and painter, but because of exhibitions and lesson planning her time is limited, so she hasn't gotten involved much until now, she just got fed up of watching me screw up.

Several poeple have messaged me about this guy since I first posted WIP pics of him.It took a while to sort a few things out but ReeYees is now avalible.Anyone interested,feel free to PM me.
DSC00349.jpg

Duane, another amazing job!

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

The sculpt is perfect with so much detail, made it easy to paint.
WIP Ree's sail barge leathers and trousers by Rav.
Nikto got a leather bandoleer and holster too.
Pote is getting some detailing too-bronze buckles on his jacket.

Pote got his buckles and bag, the buckles will be all silver in the end.
DSC_0002.jpg

Last edited:
Back