Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tooconstant.jpg

SS is spamming me to death ......

Congrats Wolf looking good m8

He's 1/5th. Of course he's gonna be smaller. This piece really had a ton of presence and personality that I really don't even notice the size when looking at it. To me if a statue can make you forget about scale every time you look at it that means something.

So pics with your Hulk Com????

Hi. First time commenting, long time stalker :). I could use some help. I have gotten many Sideshow statues in the past (TMNT line, Mary Jane) and all of them have looked great but I just go this one today. No huge issues (breaks or gashes) but there are multiple paint flaws where there are black smudges and parts where the blue of his suit ran into the red. Like I said nothing major but its bugging me a bit considering the premium price of the statue. I am considering contacting Sideshow about it but I do not want to seem like I'm quibbling over small imperfections (and maybe even worse I get one in worse condition). I added some pics. If anyone wants to check them out and let me know what you think as far as whether I should contact Sideshow I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

View attachment 120886
View attachment 120887
View attachment 120888
View attachment 120889
View attachment 120890
View attachment 120891
View attachment 120892
View attachment 120893

Pzvn you got a choice about the body ... You could do what Kinger suggested and ask for the replacement and just keep the one that is in the best shape. It would be mu suggestion as well.

You can definitely see it in these pics but it looks a lot worse in person. If you look at the difference in shading in one half of the eye on the wall vs the darker half you'll see just how wide of a goob it is. The adhesive was over applied just a bit! Haha

View attachment 120896

View attachment 120897

Dude that isn't even close to acceptable. You need a replacement m8.

I know there's a lot of complaints about the paints, but when you look at the buy it now link from page 1, the shiny paint is used in it.

:rotfl I see what you are saying now.

EDIT: Wow, I was thinking of something totally different. No wonder my comments was coming off as durrrrr. :) Need sleep.

Haha its all good man! I felt like I was on crazy pills for a minute.. I even went back and looked at the statue after I knew I could see it displayed!

Congrats Wolf & B, they look great.
James, you need a new base.
pzvn, put the microscope away and you'll be fine.

Your my dog Col! Always tell it like it is!

@Spidey

Thanks man. I agree. Although I can appreciate where the painter was coming from, adding his own personal glob and all, I'd prefer my base to be glob free

Seen some great pics though. Don't remember all the names but you know who you are. Congrats on some awesome Spidey setups. Wolf brother you've got a sweet looking setup going on buddy

Ok, snapped a few with Hulk. Hope you enjoy the display. They look amazing together!

20FF2B6C-FF37-4BEC-A505-AD86CD9A7941_zps9ohvctqh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

06777A6F-65D8-4AF8-AE6A-0B4D0063DBDB_zpsr1qdiq9r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A6AD2731-AAFC-4C62-B505-7DDBA03471FD_zpsekgh1wyo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks man. I agree. Although I can appreciate where the painter was coming from, adding his own personal glob and all, I'd prefer my base to be glob free

The factory workers in China probably take bets to see how long it takes for pics to surface of their f ups. It's all a cruel joke they are playing on us...

"Hey guys, guys...see this glob I put on the base? I'm calling July 25...bwa ha ha ha ha!! Some poor sucker fan boy will be stuck with this! Bwa ha ha ha ha!"

Ok, snapped a few with Hulk. Hope you enjoy the display. They look amazing together!

20FF2B6C-FF37-4BEC-A505-AD86CD9A7941_zps9ohvctqh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

06777A6F-65D8-4AF8-AE6A-0B4D0063DBDB_zpsr1qdiq9r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A6AD2731-AAFC-4C62-B505-7DDBA03471FD_zpsekgh1wyo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Awesome pics Kinger... I know you have been looking forward to that combo... They look awesom together, but I can't believe you had Spidey hanging off the table ... :horror

Back