Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have this in hand already TBolt??? As for you loving it, again that is all that matters.

Amazingly, it showed up this afternoon. That's two in a row that got to me really fast. I wanted to delay it, but they charged and shipped it ASAP. Should have MJ and Gwen at the end of the month, then I'll do a little photo shoot. Undecided about Black Cat. Really feel these three were made for each other.

Amazingly, it showed up this afternoon. That's two in a row that got to me really fast. I wanted to delay it, but they charged and shipped it ASAP. Should have MJ and Gwen at the end of the month, then I'll do a little photo shoot. Undecided about Black Cat. Really feel these three were made for each other.

Congrats Dude, I am VERY glad that you are happy with it. If you get all the ladies that will be one hell of a set.

Congrats Dude, I am VERY glad that you are happy with it. If you get all the ladies that will be one hell of a set.

Have MJ and Gwen flexed, they ship the 25th. But these pieces are all for the living room, not my collection, as I have some nice Spidey artwork framed up in there that my wife enjoys too, so admittedly I had different motives for what I wanted this for.

Just got mine. I like the paint app better than the proto. Deeper red and blues, along with darker black lines... resembles more of a classic Spider-Man feel to it. It came in a super Tiny box, so I was a bit worried about scale with my other 1/4 statues... but its stacks up just fine.

Crappy cell pic I know, sry. More just to show he can display well with 1/4

*sigh* maybe its a good thing my card got declined last week. After seeing the pics, I might just cancel this. The matte paint style was what really attracted me in the first place. Now that it's glossy and the webbing is sculpted not to mention that black wash looks half-assed, it's just not the statue I was hoping for. Maybe I'll just wait for the eventual PFF and hope for a better result.

Just got mine. I like the paint app better than the proto. Deeper red and blues, along with darker black lines... resembles more of a classic Spider-Man feel to it. It came in a super Tiny box, so I was a bit worried about scale with my other 1/4 statues... but its stacks up just fine.

Crappy cell pic I know, sry. More just to show he can display well with 1/4

I thought it was something my wife ordered at first, your not kidding about how small the box is, makes me think MJ will be in a shoebox! Congrats on a great looking piece!

Mine is supposed to ship sometime "this week" according to Sideshow. Hmmmm...starting to wonder if they even have it in their warehouse yet. This seems very similar to the Superman shipping fiasco...

Sideshow can paint and sculpt lines. Just seems the bigger they get the lazier they get...

1spidey.JPG

I dunno if I'd call it a bait and switch. I don't think sideshow would be that careless of the painting application here. They were probably shipped a production sample and everything could have been fine for final approval and matched the prototype.

Or this could be the same factory that did the comi and had a lot of left over paint lol

Still looks good to me, the could have screwed up the tone like on cyberborg maul. Looking forward to unboxing him tonight.

I've been thinking about it all day but decided to cancel my EX, so left them a message to that effect since when I ring the lines are always engaged.

Ultimately I just felt that the grooves and the gloss paint and different shades just meant it loses some of that comic book feel to me, and that's why I bought the piece. If you are not after that particular look then no biggie, still a great piece and probably the best Spidey piece out there for sale at present, but for me this line had, till now, captured that 'walked off the page' look, Gwen is just stunning, but Spidey, whilst still quite good, has a different feel. I don't know, maybe it's because I have a lot of animated pieces that I'm sensitive to that.

I asked them to transfer my NRD to one of my other pieces, so I sure hope they do that, if not then I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Hmmm... Wonder why :rotfl

You tried Live Chat?

Yeah just did that, moved my NRD to another piece, so all sorted, they were cool about it so I'm happy, ultimately I don't want to be too hard on the piece cos it's still a nice piece, I'd probably keep it and like it if it arrived, but being an international customer it's a chore to do a return so I have to err on the side of caution, I'm sure my EX conversion will go to some happy camper.

Yeah just did that, moved my NRD to another piece, so all sorted, they were cool about it so I'm happy, ultimately I don't want to be too hard on the piece cos it's still a nice piece, I'd probably keep it and like it if it arrived, but being an international customer it's a chore to do return so I have to err on the side of caution and nip it in the bud.

Did they say anything in live chat about what happened? Or maybe why it is so different?

Back