Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as lots of people are comparing this to the original com, I wish the JSC also had a window- I would kill to display this back to back with Mary Jane (her inside the window, him outside like the cover art)

Got my processing notice, will await my reg... I am a little disappointed in the paint change, but the Spidey top MJ has wrapped around her is a little glossy so it hopefully wont seem too off.

Great pic, I think the shading on the blue is done well. Wishing we got the matte but it still looks good regardless. I think SS will continue to have issues with the black lines for Spidey fully sculpted pieces. Interested to see how well XM handles that delicate process.

Spidey will be THE test of XM's QC and paint apps. As you said, Spidey's webbing on his costume can pose issues for any company. I'm more than a little curious how XM's classic Spidey will turn out. If they want a cool looking Spidey sculpt, they should turn that project over to Sosa. His Koto Spidey is just jaw dropping and I'd love to see what he would come up with for a 1/4 Spidey.

This piece seems a little tricky when it comes to scale. For instance, he looks pretty damn good when I look at the pics of him next to the 1/4 Venom COM. However, next to the 1/5 Punisher COM, he looks rather small. That seems weird. I expected him to look small next to the 1st Spidey COM. That piece is slightly larger than 1/4 scale. It's just odd to me that he looks good next to a 1/4 Venom but seems out of place with a 1/5 Punisher. Pics of this with the Hobgoblin COM would be a great measure of this pieces scale. Both are 1/5 pieces and should look perfect together.

Anyway, I LOVE seeing all these pics. I don't plan on picking up this COM but I'm really enjoying all the pics of this statue from various angles and with other pieces. Spidey is looking great. Congrats to all of you peeps adding him to your collection.

Hello Everyone!
I'm new to the forum and I just got my Spiderman Comiquette today. Its my first piece from Sideshow! I love the piece but I feel a little disappointed because I found a lot of little things that I wasn't happy with. Its mainly the paint apps on the statue and the foot not going all the way in. The black webbing isn't laid on evenly and its pretty messy in some of the pics below. I don't know if I'm just being too picky or if its suppose to be like this. I was wondering what you guys think, and If it warrants a replacement from sideshow how do i go about it? Does it even qualify for a replacement? Thanks for in advance and sorry for the crappy pics.

Also On the Ex Head on the left side of his face(which would be right for us looking at the pic)...there is a black/gray smudge giving him a faint 5 o'clock shadow. Its super faint in the photos but I can see it in person.

View attachment 119965View attachment 119966View attachment 119967View attachment 119968View attachment 119969

Email SSC

This piece seems a little tricky when it comes to scale. For instance, he looks pretty damn good when I look at the pics of him next to the 1/4 Venom COM. However, next to the 1/5 Punisher COM, he looks rather small. That seems weird. I expected him to look small next to the 1st Spidey COM. That piece is slightly larger than 1/4 scale. It's just odd to me that he looks good next to a 1/4 Venom but seems out of place with a 1/5 Punisher. Pics of this with the Hobgoblin COM would be a great measure of this pieces scale. Both are 1/5 pieces and should look perfect together.

Anyway, I LOVE seeing all these pics. I don't plan on picking up this COM but I'm really enjoying all the pics of this statue from various angles and with other pieces. Spidey is looking great. Congrats to all of you peeps adding him to your collection.

I think it's because Venom, Hulk etc are typically drawn huge, much larger than the average person. Next to normal human-sized characters he looks like a midget

I think it's because Venom, Hulk etc are typically drawn huge, much larger than the average person. Next to normal human-sized characters he looks like a midget

Well, he did look out of place next to the Punisher COM and that did surprise me. However, if we can see pics next to the Hobgoblin COM, I think we'll get a pretty good idea if this piece is actually 1/5 scale. SSC has made a few of their COMs rather small. I own 2 of them. I have the DD COM which looks cool as hell but definitely doesn't look like a 1/5 piece. The other one I have is the Ultron COM. That piece is small enough to mix in with some of my larger Bowen pieces and pretty much fit right in. As much as I dig the Ultron COM, I wouldn't have bought it strictly for my SSC collection. It's too small. However, I have him next to my BD Thanos statue and they look great together. I actually purchased the Ultron COM for my BD collection. :lol

After seeing pics of this Spidey COM, it's starting to look like he may fall into the smaller 1/5 category like DD and Ultron. The one thing all 3 pieces have in common for me...they all look really good.

have to agree that this looks more to scale with the original Venom and Rhino imo. nothing against the original Com of course, but thought he was a tad on the large size compared to Venom, Carnage and Rhino, just saying.

Well, he did look out of place next to the Punisher COM and that did surprise me. However, if we can see pics next to the Hobgoblin COM, I think we'll get a pretty good idea if this piece is actually 1/5 scale. SSC has made a few of their COMs rather small. I own 2 of them. I have the DD COM which looks cool as hell but definitely doesn't look like a 1/5 piece. The other one I have is the Ultron COM. That piece is small enough to mix in with some of my larger Bowen pieces and pretty much fit right in. As much as I dig the Ultron COM, I wouldn't have bought it strictly for my SSC collection. It's too small. However, I have him next to my BD Thanos statue and they look great together. I actually purchased the Ultron COM for my BD collection. :lol

After seeing pics of this Spidey COM, it's starting to look like he may fall into the smaller 1/5 category like DD and Ultron. The one thing all 3 pieces have in common for me...they all look really good.

have to agree that this looks more to scale with the original Venom and Rhino imo. nothing against the original Com of course, but thought he was a tad on the large size compared to Venom, Carnage and Rhino, just saying.

He does look great with Venom, and I am sure he will just look killer with the Hulk.

After looking through the photos again I have decided that this is the angle I will be displaying him at.

attachment.php

Great angle Jaws. It captures the perfect lighting for the piece

Yeah... it's not my photo but when I get mine that is how he is going on the shelf :)

That angle is ALL FULL OF WIN

I like that angle because you get to see the full sculpt... Plus it shows the left eye more... Which to me makes him look more angry from that angle. Just looks more action oriented to me.

If the majority is overall happy with the statue and think the shading's ok, and the proportions are good, couldn't the glossy paint be simply mattefied with an over-the-counter clear matte spray product like this one? https://www.krylon.com/products/matte-finish/ Just curious...

It's not just the gloss , the actual tone is different. The red you see there is more like the old com, the proto paint was more of a lighter/orange red like the comic books. The blue looks close but again it's just a couple shades too dark. The statue had a real "just jumped off the pages" look while although very cool, now just looks like another statue.

Anyway, I guess we could complain about that all day, it's not going to change. I still like it, just think they should have stuck to the original.

Back