Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Temek. You got some good advice here, and you already got sme great ideas. However, I gotta agree the 1/4 Spidey Com is a AMAZING, but I wouldn't wait to LONG to track it down. When I started here about a year and a half ago it was going for about $600, and now it is going for $900-$1200. It is SO AMAZING though. I just got mine a few months ago, and I adore it.

This is good advice if someone wants to pick up the original Spidey Com. Don't wait too long because the prices on it have only been going up. I do wonder if the new Com will have any influence on the aftermarket price of the original when it's released. Unless there is a pretty quick downward swing in prices after the new Com is released, I wouldn't wait too long to secure the Original Com. It's only going to cost more $$$ down the line if prices stay stable after the JSC Spidey is released. When I gave my advice earlier, that was meant as a general rule of thumb. If a new collector KNOWS he wants an older grail piece, pick it up for the best price you can find ASAP. In most cases, these pieces aren't coming down in price anytime soon. Hell, in fact, they just keep rising.

Sorry I just start to collects the statues that I likes, and I'm wondering if the older spiderman Comiquette is 1/5 or 1/4? Because my friend told me comiquettes are 1/5. How about the new spidey j Scott Campbell? Thanks

Welcome Temek! Hope your conversion works out, I think it will.

This is good advice and something I came to agree with on my collecting journey. My problem is I do have a connection to many of these characters, I've been reading them since I was a boy and I'm not far from 30, that's over 20 years with these characters on a continuous basis for most of my life. But expensive ones like Cap I decided to let go...and here comes another Cap. I had to have the Spidey Com but I agree, pick your favorite character or 2 to pursue and wait for the rest to be revisited. For minor characters that might not be revisited any time soon, there will be more than enough to catch your eye.

Thanks Peedi, I need to start building up RP.

Good to know I'm heading in the right direction, Spiderman is my favorite character, then a tie between Hulk/Wolverine. The way you've had comics in your life was video games to me, I still remember going to the local comic store in the early 90s and always staring at the Marvel statues, especially Venom. I had no idea I would be starting that collection 20 years later lol. I hope the Cap works out for you. You make a great point about minor characters, a lot of them come with a hefty prices on ebay. Rather just save for something I really want or for upcoming PO's, I almost pulled the trigger on the Punisher Comiquette. :wave

Welcome Temek. You got some good advice here, and you already got sme great ideas. However, I gotta agree the 1/4 Spidey Com is a AMAZING, but I wouldn't wait to LONG to track it down. When I started here about a year and a half ago it was going for about $600, and now it is going for $900-$1200. It is SO AMAZING though. I just got mine a few months ago, and I adore it.

Thanks Spidey, great advice from people who have been in this hobby much longer than I have, I'm taking it all in. I am saving for a house, but I am planning to have it within 2-4 months. Grats on your 1/4 Spidey, sounded like a long time coming.

Welcome Temek... Get out of this hobby while you still can... :lol, JK...
Thanks Asdf. I actually contemplated that when I PO'd Apoc haha, $599 for my first PO, a bit of a shocker at first. :thud: Then I look at something like the old Wolf Pred LSF, damn. Flex Pay would be instant. :rotfl

This is good advice if someone wants to pick up the original Spidey Com. Don't wait too long because the prices on it have only been going up. I do wonder if the new Com will have any influence on the aftermarket price of the original when it's released. Unless there is a pretty quick downward swing in prices after the new Com is released, I wouldn't wait too long to secure the Original Com. It's only going to cost more $$$ down the line if prices stay stable after the JSC Spidey is released. When I gave my advice earlier, that was meant as a general rule of thumb. If a new collector KNOWS he wants an older grail piece, pick it up for the best price you can find ASAP. In most cases, these pieces aren't coming down in price anytime soon. Hell, in fact, they just keep rising.

That is true, this new comiq can come out very closely to the prototype and shift prices on secondary markets a bit. I tend to move pretty quick when I know I want a piece, as long as there are no other financial drama going on. Agreed on this price going up, Been checking ebay for around a month and the price has been right around 1200 for buy it now, 900 or so for bids only. I finally have a reason to buy a DSLR :lol

Past history says no

The Hulk PF exploded when the comiquette came out

Yes it did. However, I really never saw it as a threat to the PF because it is in 1/5 scale. The Hulk PFs on the horizon will be a better suited to compete with the original PF. But, if SSC goes the route of using the same body for all the different colored upcoming Hulk PFs, it'll cheapen the statue. It'll be no different than the Com. All the variants based on the same sculpt will just kill any aftermarket value. Now if we get different poses for each of the new Hulks (along with a decent ES), they may command some $$$ in the aftermarket. In the end though, history doesn't show any of the older grails dropping in price. If the original Spidey Com can't drive down prices on the original PF, then I can't see any grails dropping in price. The original Spidey Com gets much more love than the PF and the PFs aftermarket prices are holding strong. So, it would stand to reason that anyone who wants the original Com is going to have to pay for it. It's already averaging a grand on the aftermarket with no signs of slowing down.

MJ and this Spidey will be my first Sideshow statues and I am very excited to have them :)

Well since MJ came out so awesome that I decided to jump on the wait list for Spiderman Ex as well.
Happy to say it converted yesterday.
"this item is due to become a live order on 2014/02/24 and should ship out to you shortly after that."

Is this correct ? Thought it was scheduled for June?
Was MJ released ahead of time?

Well since MJ came out so awesome that I decided to jump on the wait list for Spiderman Ex as well.
"this item is due to become a live order on 2014/02/24 and should ship out to you shortly after that."

That is a form letter... Guys got the same email for Batman and it was delayed almost year.

So it's been confirmed right Spidey has been delayed to June? Cuz I got a email from SS that my Flex payments were adjusted but when I look at the dates the last one still is in May. I know usually SS won't charge the last payment till the piece is ready right I mean that's what happened to my Scar HT. So either way I'm not complaining just curious.

So it's been confirmed right Spidey has been delayed to June? Cuz I got a email from SS that my Flex payments were adjusted but when I look at the dates the last one still is in May. I know usually SS won't charge the last payment till the piece is ready right I mean that's what happened to my Scar HT. So either way I'm not complaining just curious.

Yeah, they won't make the last charge until the item is ready to ship.

What date did you waitlist?

it's just a glitch

Back