Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm displaying my new Spidey with this...

2isyxxh.jpg

Well now... that is a fine idea sir! As in genius :hi5:

The main villian i'd like in the Comicky art style of this line would probably be Kraven, as he's quite goofy looking for a "serious" statue and would work better, imo, as a Comicky one

You know what this thread needs? Spidey976 talking about the original com some more...FFS man...:slap

I think this is going to make a really fun display with MJ and Gwen. All three pieces are so unique, from the detail to the paint, just a completely different take. Everytime I think about this set I get a little more excited.

"Yeah that Spidey976 what I ****ing jerk!!!

What has he done for the thread anyway? Other then get some of the first screen caps of the WIP sculpt. Oh and confirm the scale and that this was part of the J. Scott Trio. Oh and the fact that this was going to be at SDCC this past summer. Oh and confirm that there was going to be a change of head. Oh and the fact that he has hosted a **** load of the pics that people have been using of this to the point that his PhotoBucket account goes down because he exceeds the limit. Oh and the fact that he has answered the SAME 2 or three questions about scale and coh dozens of times for the board. HONESTLY!!! What the hell is he GOOD FOR!!!!:mad:"

Hey TBolt, you know what I actually don't give a crap what you think. I stopped talking about it till I brought up the size comparison so people would get an idea how big this will be, and how it would look. I responded with jokes to a few friends on here who I KNOW well enough to tease them a bit when they asked me something or got all coy with their ordering status. Did I say that I think that the OTHER 3 COMS match this one. YEP, as I am a HUGE fan of Martin Canale, and I think his sculpts are KILLER. However, with ALL of that being said I have said that I think people will be happy with this, that I think that the EX and paint apps look awesome, and if I had the cash I would be picking this up. I REALLY do think that otheres are GOING to love this... pure and simple.

As for me being PROUD of a new purchase, HELL yeah I am, and I appreciate all the congrats from the well meaning guys here. It was the most excited I have been for ANY piece I have seen let alone held. So I shared it... Sue me.

Finally, TBolt what is it that YOU bring to threads like this that is SO damn useful? Honestly, what NEW and interesting INFO have YOU brought?? I will pretty much guarantee that WHATEVER it was you heard it from someone who got the info from either myself or someone like me. You know, the guys who actually go out and get the information, instead of those just HANGING AROUND till someone tells them what the hell is going on.

In the end Dude if you don't like reading what I say add me to your Iggy. Then again you will be missing out on all of the actual INFO I bring to these threads, and the help I try to provide.

Last edited:
Personally I think the new Comiquette will display even better with Rhino and Hulk. Old Comiquette is just a tad to large. Having said that, Old Comiquette is still a great statue. I think they are pros and cons to both pieces. I am with Spidey 100% about the eyes on the Reg head. Should have been symmetrical on that one and expressive only on the Ex head. But I actually like the pose and color scheme better on the new one and if the paint apps come out like the proto then it will edge out the original for me.

Any truth that Machines will be doing the pain apps on these or is that just rumour?

Oh and Ex ordered :)

Hey m8.,.. I just think it would have evened it out a bit to have the symmetric eyes on the masked and then have the grin on the other. I don't hate it, but it is the same reason they aren't using the long eared Martin Canale sculpt for the Batman PF, and instead are using the Andy B. portrait...VARIETY.

As for the painted with machines... I have NO info to back that up it is just a GUT feeling. SSC keeps mentioning a NEW TECHNIQUE when they talk about how these are painted, and when I look at the picture below..welll... I can't see how they would ever get the LINE WORK RIGHT on Spiderman (especially around the neck head and collar area) if they didn't use a machine. Everybody knows about the line issues on the previous release and the artists had SCULPTED in lines, and a bigger scale to work with. I just don't think you will get the precision that you want on this if it is done by hand. Having drawn this constume before it is a ***** to get right, and I could EASILY erase a mistake... which isn't an option for a painted piece.
gvxq.jpg

Ouch.....lol.

LOL... I find it interesting that people here want you around to give them info, but then FORGET how they got it....LOL

:rotfl @ Spidey976.
Think you need to add to your iggy list!

Considering it ... lol

Hope everyone calms down a bit in here...take a breath Spidey and remember.... :rock

tyru5ege.jpg

:1-1:

I'd have hated to see how long the post would have been had he cared what that guy posted. :rotfl

LOL ... I said I don't care what he "thinks" ... lol. The fact that he felt like posting something to come at me... well ... that I do care about ...:rotfl

I bet it wasn't like this is the good old days was it? :lol

Maybe not as much. Marvel, SW, and DC have always had a bit of an edge to them. :lol If I start talking about the good ole days here it makes me sound really old. :lol My 10 year anniversary here on the boards is coming up in December.

Maybe not as much. Marvel, SW, and DC have always had a bit of an edge to them. :lol If I start talking about the good ole days here it makes me sound really old. :lol My 10 year anniversary here on the boards is coming up in December.

Makes you sound old? Nah you are old. :chase Is that a 3 day ban? :lol

My only regret regarding this Forum was that i did'nt start collecting earlier...without you guys my days would seriously drag! I love you all :lecture

Back