Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This job ended up being slightly tougher than I thought! Only because of the black lining though. He's not quite finished, just some small touch ups and I'm thinking about adding some shading to the legs. Anyway, I like the colours since they just pop a bit more, I didn't mind the old colour but it was just too dirty and and uninspiring for me.

That looks nice, Solar! Great job, man!

Awesome job Solar, the classic look came out great. Look forward to more pics.

Very nice. Black lines really pop.
Just lacking the shading the original had.

Yeah the shading on the original is quite good, I've seen a video where someone uses chalk/pastels and rubs them into the area's by hand then seals it. I might give that a little shot since you can wash it off straight after if it doesn't look right.

Also while I was painting it a few interesting things appeared. I had to re-do one of the arms as I'd put too many layers on so I stripped it back with turps. Turns out the statue is made of some sort of cream coloured resin. Also the painting process must involve painting the whole statue one colour then the other colour goes on top because I found both blue and reds piled on top of each other on the arm.

Again cheers for the likes, it was fun doing it, I was actually going to go even lighter on the blue but I stopped there.

Nice job. The repaint is much nicer than the dull color the original has. Some subtle shading will make this better.

Nicely done! Sideshow always seems to make their reds way too dark. This piece, Mythos Darth Maul, Premium Format Thor's cape...

Yeah. Wonder what JSC thinks of the final product paint. He prob said damn SS, what happened?

Yeah. Wonder what JSC thinks of the final product paint. He prob said damn SS, what happened?

QC has been bad with marvel statues lately, evidence of them being left out of the box for a long period of time exposed to the elements!

Hope SS has been on the factory case on dust on statues and dampness with some PF's.

Well I have received my replacement and it's still not all that great, I just expected better from SS. Going to keep an eye out for a 2010 comiquette and pray I get lucky.

The bestas and some of the frames for the prints have arrived. they are looking damn sexy in them! :lol

Well I have received my replacement and it's still not all that great, I just expected better from SS. Going to keep an eye out for a 2010 comiquette and pray I get lucky.

The bestas and some of the frames for the prints have arrived. they are looking damn sexy in them! :lol

OMG, that's terrible!

Hope SS improves on their QC now XM studios are in the competition.

SS does amazing statues, but we hardly ever get the same quality as the prototype.

Yup, the same problems mine has, on top of that mine won't even fit into the base (hovering foot). Couldn't return it for personal reasons so I had to accept the $45 on next order, it really made me rethink my future sideshow purchases. Ordering form SS while living in a country where SS won't ship has become to risky, hope they make a change for good in their QC.

Today was not the best Sideshow experience I have ever had. The note they added was a nice kick in the nuts.

9.jpeg8.jpeg6.jpeg5.jpeg4.jpeg3.jpeg1.jpeg

Attachments

• 10.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 232
I think it's the letter you get when they open your box to do a quality control spot check. They leave you the letter to let you know why they opened your box.

In this case, QC failed anyway. What a cluster****!

Back