Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can also guarantee that these will sell too. Have to admit though, this statue looks phenominal :clap. In hand pictures are so much better than the stock Sideshow ones on their website.

Well technically their comiquettes meant all sculpted, which is poison ivy apocalypse I am sure there are more..they just said they are in the pf line now if 1:4....venom carnage an spidey to name a few were also comiquettes and were 1:4, comiquettes (1:5) in general may be slowing down but I am sure the line isn't dead, it's just pf's are usually much more popular

I think anything 1/5 is now considered a COM and generally are fully sculpted (unless someone knows of one that isn't?), while PFs are all 1/4 regardless of whether they have mixed media or not.
Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Exactly. ALL COMs are now 1/5 scale. Rhino was the last 1/4 scale COM. COMs don't sell. Not like PFs. Not even close. SSC Reps even admitted that and said they would be focusing on 1/4 scale pieces (PFs). SSC should have just dropped 1/5 scale pieces if they aren't selling and made all future COMs 1/4 scale fully sculpted pieces instead of labeling them as PFs. They could have had two 1/4 scale lines that way. A fully sculpted COM line (think XM studios) and a PF line that was strictly mixed media. As an added bonus, we as collectors could then mix and match our COMs and PFs without worrying about the awkwardness of the scales being off. Peeps ordering 1/4 XM pieces will have no trouble displaying them with SSC PFs. That should have been the case from the start with the COM line. XM Studios was able to see the demand of a 1/4 fully sculpted line and are now able to make a legit business out of it. The COM line has slowed to a crawl because not many peeps are buying them. Sure, you can toss out some of Marvels A listers and still sell a couple thousand units. However, B and C listers won't sell. All you hear is 'pass' or '1/5 scale equals fail'. IMO, SSC missed a HUGE opportunity by not making COMs a fully sculpted 1/4 scale line from the start.

Biggest 1:5 fail, although I'm happy to have them, was the Predator line.
Make them 1:4 add $50 and they would be long sold out.

I couldn't agree more. I have yet to see someone post "I'm passing because this statue is in 1/4 scale instead of 1/5". I know I personally would love to see a few of the COMs I already have made in true 1/4 scale. I can't stress enough how much I believe this is a HUGE missed opportunity for SSC. The 1/4 fully sculpted market hasn't really even been scratched by SSC. Could you imagine if SSC would release a 1/4 fully sculpted classic Cap, Thor, Hulk, Dr Doom, Green Goblin, Thanos, or any other major Marvel character? Who would pass on kick ass sculpts of those characters? I honestly don't know why SSC is just spinning their wheels with 1/5 pieces that collectors just don't want for the most part. It makes no sense when peeps are waiting with money in hand for 1/4 fully sculpted pieces.

Just look at how much North American and European collectors are willing to drop on XM merch. Literally hundreds of $$$ more than what SSC charges for PFs. All this just so peeps can have 1/4 fully sculpted pieces of characters they like. It's mind-boggling that SSC chooses not to make 1/4 fully sculpted pieces so they can continue to make 1/5 COMs. Makes no damn sense. Not for their bottom line or our display shelves.

XM success may make them reconsider.
I assume SSC are free to produce 1:4 fully sculpted Marvel pieces?

I don't see why not. There are quite a few 1/4 scale COMs that have already been released and I'm sure some more fully sculpted PFs will trickle out from time to time when a character doesn't lend themselves to mixed media (Iron Man, Venom, Silver Surfer, etc...). SSC has already labeled ANY 1/4 piece as a PF whether it's fully sculpted or not. I can only hope XM forces their hand. I mean, would anyone have passed on any of the Campbell COMs if they were 1/4 scale? If anything, SSC would have just sold MORE of them if they were 1/4 fully sculpted pieces.

SSC cancelled my Ex order by mistake but fortunately, I gave them hell and they reinstated my Ex order. Whew. Disaster averted.

Even got a courtesy discount.

I remember someone posting this spider man com with the new Green Hulk PF. Wish that picture would resurface. Thats what sold me on the Hulk!!!! They look awesome together. I still cant believe these are all sold out. They went quickly

I remember someone posting this spider man com with the new Green Hulk PF. Wish that picture would resurface. Thats what sold me on the Hulk!!!! They look awesome together. I still cant believe these are all sold out. They went quickly
Go back a couple of pages.

That was me! :D
o5cm4p.jpg

Nice Geno! Yeah that's the one I was looking for. Just saved it to my Ipad. That's exactly how my spidey and hulk will be displayed. They look like they were made for each other!

Nice Geno! Yeah that's the one I was looking for. Just saved it to my Ipad. That's exactly how my spidey and hulk will be displayed. They look like they were made for each other!

:hi5: You're making a wise choice my friend! I think gray w/ spidey looks sweet too! So Excited for my HULKS to arrive! :D
htb6dy.jpg

All good dude. I went with the rainbow package. Not much self discipline in my world when it comes to collecting. The dilemma I am now facing is which hulk to use for spidey. I was set on green but now.... well you know

Jeez this pics are making me so ****ing excited man. Damn want these next few months to fly by lol

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Gotta admit the grey paired off with Spidey looks darn good.:impatient:

Maybe if I got rid of the dresser and stuck my wife's clothes into plastic bags I can fit another besta. :dunno

Back