I've Seen King Kong.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have qualified my post. TO ME, the original is far less enjoyable than PJ's version. I just watched it and cringed so many times at how primitive it was. I did think the Spider pit sequence was great and I watched it before I knew the history about it and thought it fit into the film very well.

I try to see every movie that comes out and while I didn't love Kong as much as I expected to, I do think it is far superior on many levels from a lot of films and it deserves to do well.

Darklord Dave said:
I should have qualified my post. TO ME, the original is far less enjoyable than PJ's version. I just watched it and cringed so many times at how primitive it was. I did think the Spider pit sequence was great and I watched it before I knew the history about it and thought it fit into the film very well.

I try to see every movie that comes out and while I didn't love Kong as much as I expected to, I do think it is far superior on many levels from a lot of films and it deserves to do well.

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I agree 100% that it deserves to do well. I think it's clear that PJ is gaining quite a name as a big-budget director. This certainly doesn't hurt the chances of seeing The Hobbit anytime soon at all. I would think the various owners of the property would be doing anything possible to get it made now.

I will say that if anything this film makes me want to buy the Production Diaries DVD. PJ's interviews/comments on the '33 DVD were amazing. I'd love to hear his thought processes behind some of the changes. I love to listen to him discuss his movies. I'll try and get that set sometime soon.

I'm about to head out to see Kong for the first time tonight! I've been so busy lately that there just hasn't been time - until now! (plus, I have to admit that I haven't really been able to get my excitement level up for this OR Narnia :eek:) I hope it "wows" me! If it does, I may just have to spring for the production diaries.... :wacky

Back