iTunes help needed please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have just purchased a soundtrack on iTunes and annoyingly the soundtrack is made up of different artists :gah:

iTunes in its infinite wisdom then decides as its downloading the tracks to scatter them all over rather than keeping them altogether as one complete album :gah:

Can somebody help me with this please? I imagine there must be away of grouping them altogether?

Thanks

I have done this and some moved into the group and some didnt :gah:

This really is b___ocks!!! Shouldn't have to do this after spending $10 :mad:

I Highlight all them and change album artist to various artists or soundtrack

Then it will still show right artist but will group together.

Don't know if this will help, but iTunes is set up so you can organize by album/name/time/artist/genre/rating/plays on the top bar. If you click on "Album" on the top, then all the songs will be organized by the album they are on. Similarly, if you click on "Artist", everything is organized by the artist (regardless of whether or not it is on a different album). Hope that's helpful to your situation.

Every once in a while I'll rip a CD to itunes and it will put 1 song under a different album (in album view). Same fix as above? Tried it and it didn't work.

Every once in a while I'll rip a CD to itunes and it will put 1 song under a different album (in album view). Same fix as above? Tried it and it didn't work.

Thats what happened to me! I really need to spend more time on iTunes to master it :gah:

That's why itunes is annoying.

I agree with you! It seems flawed to me, something so simple is so confusing and difficult to sort out. I mean I bought the friggin thing through iTunes so why the hell would it then download and split all the tracks up :slap

There's a app that I use called mp3tag or something to that nature, I would have to google it really quick for correct spelling and it allows you to tag all standard mp3's so they are easy to sort on a mp3 player but I'm not sure if it works on Apple extensions .aac or whatever they are using so I haven't tried anything on their proprietary audio formats.

I usually just stick to anything that uses a standard mp3 player, I hate all that digital rights management stuff. :lol

Found it!

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
Monkey's Audio (ape)
Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
Musepack (mpc)
Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
OptimFROG (ofr)
OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
Speex (spx)
Tom's Audio Kompressor (tak)
True Audio (tta)
Windows Media Audio (wma)
WavPack (wv)

If you still want to keep the artist's names instead of just a generic "various artists":

Highlight all the tracks and left click. Then go to Options and and change the "compilation" box to "Yes".

Thanks for all the tips guys will definately look over this thread when I come to download a compilation again.

I did manage to sort it in the end but what a ballache it was!!!

If you still want to keep the artist's names instead of just a generic "various artists":

Highlight all the tracks and left click. Then go to Options and and change the "compilation" box to "Yes".

Good one to know about... I've had this same issue a few times and its a real pain in the ass :lol

Has anyone ever downloaded a tv show episode or whole season from Itunes? If so, can you only watch it in Itunes? Or can you take the file and burn to a dvd, etc?

Has anyone ever downloaded a tv show episode or whole season from Itunes? If so, can you only watch it in Itunes? Or can you take the file and burn to a dvd, etc?

Can't do anything but watch it on iTunes or another apple device(ie iPod, iPad, apple tv )

I'm joining the 21st century and getting an ipod. So i've been using itunes lately to transfer about 1000 cds into my computer. I'm a few hundred albums into the process and i've hit a snag. A cd i'm importing keeps hanging up on 1 song during import. no matter how many times i try, it keeps freezing when it hits the same time in the import process. then itunes freezes until i eject the cd. the cd looks clean enough to me. does any expert out there know a way around this?

Try cleaning the CD with rubbing alcohol and retry. Otherwise it might be CRC protection on that sector of the CD for copyright issues.

Sent by my SKIRUN-A-MUCK550_6100 using Skiatalk

Back