It's almost too much!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wetanut

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Hobbit blitz is on and it's almost too much for me. I'm about to bust a gut in anticipation. I had to leave the live streaming of the Wellington premier about 1/4 of the way in becuz I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise. It was bad enough with all the hobbity goodness being thrown at us from Weta, Noble, WB, Bridge Direct, but now the reviews are being posted. I've already quit watching the snippets online and on TV....I want to be transported and go along with the story as it unfolds.

I'm about to put a moratorium on all Hobbit-related articles, discussion, etc., until after I see it on 14 Dec. ALMOST too much to digest and absorb. :ring

I know. As we were talking about over the weekend the hardest part has been reading the reviews and hearing what people think of the film. This is something some of us care about deeply and the wait to see this movie and experience the journey is hard (or as hard as this kind of thing can be really). I've read several reviews over the last several hours and I'm so ready to see this film that the waiting truly just sucks. I've got the EE Lord of the Rings marathon this weekend to get me through but in a way I feel like one of those greyhounds chasing the rabbit in a race.

I've also been plowing through the EE as time permits. Then my 5-year old walks in and starts asking questions...

"Who's that?"
"What's he doing?"
"He's creepy, why does he talk like that?"

Then I turn on Dora and wait for her to go to bed.

I started reading the book again for the second time in 3 months.:lol Good thing this is the Annotated version. But I'm feeling the same way, the anticipation is killing me.

I wanna see Appendices stuff!!!....I know deep down in my heart their will be a surprise or two...I hope anyway

I'm not a huge Ringer by any stretch, but I'm glad to see the franchise revitalized. Th LOTR trilogy were some beautifully done films to say the least, and The Hobbit is probably my favorite of the books; due in part to the Rankin Bass animation of course. So I'm very excited that this film and its sequels have finally come to pass. :D

I'm more excited to see this than LOTR....They will show so much more than the short novel had...The more Middle Earth the better I say...as long as it's NOT done Cheesy, that's all I ask

Last edited:
Any good reviews out? I mean, there were normal people who went to the Premiere, right? Where's all the reviews??? The ones from ToRN are not enough!

TORN staff are normal people too!

Just look at Josh. Did you get to hang out with the cool people at the cinema Josh or was your invite lost in the post? ;) :lol

Just look at Josh. Did you get to hang out with the cool people at the cinema Josh or was your invite lost in the post? ;) :lol

Anybody who has a first name "The" is not normal...LOL....

I'm so excited. My eyes tear up when I watch the trailer and listen to the music.

Oh, and I'm wearing this until the premiere... Talk about NERD!

barahir2.jpg

Yes, they are :lecture

I didn't get to go to a special screening. I don't even know if they had one here or not to be honest. If they did I didn't get to see it and am waiting like everyone else until next week.

Any good reviews out? I mean, there were normal people who went to the Premiere, right? Where's all the reviews??? The ones from ToRN are not enough!

Honestly, the ones posted to TORn are of people I highly respect and they're not being nice to be nice. They're being blunt honest about what they liked and didn't like.

Why is this thread title called its almost too much when it should say There's Never Too Much Middle Earth!

Back