It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont find nub marks and seamline removal relaxing at all. i would pay for a dog or cat to do it for me if i could teach them how to. thats the only part i hate though. oh and also filling out shallow areas on those cheap sd kits.
I have been collecting Gundam model kits for a while as I really enjoy the process of assembling and adding little details. I find it totally relaxing and soothing. Taking advantage of the Chrismast holidays, I took the time to finally display my modest HG collection in my custom cabinet.

View attachment 680463

View attachment 680464

View attachment 680465

View attachment 680466

View attachment 680467

View attachment 680471

View attachment 680472

View attachment 680473

View attachment 680475

View attachment 680476

View attachment 680477

View attachment 680478

Took my toddler to see both the life size Gundams in Japan couple months back and he always points at pictures saying " 'obot! "

So, now I am looking for a toddler safe Gundam figure (something very simple, no small parts etc and little to no articulation, something he can hold and play with and hopefully affordable. any suggestions??
maybe those sofubi or vinyl gundams. i have 1 at home around MG height of Rx78-2 and zaku ii. pretty safe unless he has really big mouth.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/713799

maybe those sofubi or vinyl gundams. i have 1 at home around MG height of Rx78-2 and zaku ii. pretty safe unless he has really big mouth.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/713799
Thoae are nice but couldn't find any domestic sellers and international sellers were charging exorbitant shipping rates (plus would need to add tax) so I will just wait and see if I can spot a deal over the coming months, if not, next time I am in Asia I may find one at a decent price in store. Thanks for the suggestion though, those are basically exactly the type of model I am after, just no affordable supply where I am

Thoae are nice but couldn't find any domestic sellers and international sellers were charging exorbitant shipping rates (plus would need to add tax) so I will just wait and see if I can spot a deal over the coming months, if not, next time I am in Asia I may find one at a decent price in store. Thanks for the suggestion though, those are basically exactly the type of model I am after, just no affordable supply where I am
try mandarake or surguya. these arent very popular so you should be able to get them at good price.

bookmark this page and check for stocks once a while.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/list?keyword=DX Sofubi gundam&lang=en

Visiting my hometown for the holidays and their GameXchange is absolutely loaded with Gundam kits. Everything from new WfM kits to HG Nightengales to MG Sazabi ver Ka to PGs to dozens of SDs to older classic kits. I was blown away. I had to leave and travel back home for work, sadly. My wife said she might pick one out for me. Granted, our budget is tight so I don’t want her spending a lot on me. But that MG Nu and Hi-Nu ver Ka look so good… (they even sell a pre-built one for $20).

One return visit later and my wife walked out with 4 Mercury kits and I grabbed an MG Hyaku Shiki.

mg-hyaku-shiki-2-0-been-eying-this-one-for-a-few-years-what-v0-hw3qcv3b1ndc1.jpg

mg-hyaku-shiki-2-0-been-eying-this-one-for-a-few-years-what-v0-x9zlyv3b1ndc1.jpg

Another Stab at my first-ever MG GUNPLA, - from my mid/late-teens in 1998 - commenced in mid-2023... and now pretty much Finished;

My first MG, and still proudly on my shelf. I adore the 0083 designs.

Been waiting for a PG GP02A Physalis, but I'm doubtful Bandai will ever make it. I really want that RX-78-2 PG Unleashed also just haven't found an opportunity to pull the trigger that is significantly cheaper than $300.

Been waiting for a PG GP02A Physalis, but I'm doubtful Bandai will ever make it. I really want that RX-78-2 PG Unleashed also just haven't found an opportunity to pull the trigger that is significantly cheaper than $300.
I got mine off USA Gundam with a major discount code applied. Don't regret it; easily the most enjoyable build I've ever done.
thats not hyaku shiki. thats hyaku shiki 2.0. not my hyaku shiki!
Yep, the 2.0. The original was no slouch either and always wanted it when I was a kid, along with other plated kits. The 2.0 was a really fun build - the stress of not scratching it or giving it ugly nub marks aside - and it poses extremely well. I screwed up on the dry rub transfers though and accidentally taped one upside-down so it came off on the tape. Thankfully, that was just on one of the wings so no one will see it.

you're not gonna find it cheaper, i would suggest pulling the trigger on any price you see as close to $300 as you can.

you're not gonna find it cheaper, i would suggest pulling the trigger on any price you see as close to $300 as you can.
pg unleashed vs metal composite version are around same price which one more worth it?

pg unleashed vs metal composite version are around same price which one more worth it?
PGU. Easily. Not just because the build itself is such a joy, but it just has such a gorgeous, towering presence compared to the metal composite version. One is a model kit, the other is a figure, and the build for me makes all the difference. That inner frame is perfect.
l96k5gmqznt71.jpg

Back