Is you ever think you get a bad paint app...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garemlin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Reference this. Was walking through TRU and this stood out like a sore thumb. It was a World War Z figure. I almost laughed out loud.

428b249f887fb4d069cb1e4f4f15be9a.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G3

No surprise there were a ton of them and they were on clearance. Still chuckle when I look at the pic.

these figures are hand painted in sweat shops that have to work 12 hours shifts, you'd expect some sort of QC issues, and since the QC manager is also working long shifts, you'd expect some of these to sneak past the QC sensor.

for me since these figures are meant for kids, i don't think it will be a big issue, sure smarter kids will spot the problem and laugh off it but normal kids will just cherish it like you folks cherishing you Hot Toys & Enterbays.

It's a figure from the zombie movie World War Z, not exactly a kids movie. It's meant for older collectors, not children.

i think it's meant for teen collectors, targetting lower market range than what McFarlane used to be. so it's acceptable.

these figures are hand painted in sweat shops that have to work 12 hours shifts, you'd expect some sort of QC issues, and since the QC manager is also working long shifts, you'd expect some of these to sneak past the QC sensor.

for me since these figures are meant for kids, i don't think it will be a big issue, sure smarter kids will spot the problem and laugh off it but normal kids will just cherish it like you folks cherishing you Hot Toys & Enterbays.

There is not a person on Earth that will cherish this badly painted World War Z figure....or even a perfect World War Z figure.... :D

Back