Is This Trade Fair?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MercWithAMouth

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently got laid off, as some of you already know. So I put some of my collection up for sale. Even though I am mainly looking for cash so I can pay my bills, I just got an trade offer a few minutes ago that I had to look twice at.

My Venom Comiquette regular edition for his Ryu vs. Sagat EX 9/150.

What would you guys do?

I am really considering taking it:panic:

The SF EX has working lights? Trade-wise I think it is a good deal...right now. Long term, I think the Venom comiquette will increase more in value, IMO. Good luck.

My opinion...the ONLY reason you should ever get rid of the Venom com. is if you NEED the cash. Trading for ANY other statue (except maybe X-men Vs. Sentinel #1 or Hulk Vs. Spidy) is a big no no. :wink1:

My opinion...the ONLY reason you should ever get rid of the Venom com. is if you NEED the cash. Trading for ANY other statue (except maybe X-men Vs. Sentinel #1 or Hulk Vs. Spidy) is a big no no. :wink1:

That's what I was thinking but i remember wanting that dio bc i'm a HUGE SF fan..... but man either way letting go of Venom will be tough:gah:

I love Venom and the statue is awesome, so I say you should hold onto it, but if you like the Ryu vs. Sagat diorama better, than you should go with what you like best.

Besides being complete bias to Venom, M. Ski has an excellent point but it is completely up to you.

Seem equal value to me. But I also think you're wasting your time with this trade. Besides, SF are harder to sell than Venom. Focus on your current situation. Keep the Venom a little longer or sell it for the needed cash. Stretch your spending and spend time job searching or a a new direction.
I've survived on canned tuna, corn, spaghetti, etc., $5 bucks/week before. These collection won't fill your belly. Continue your collection when you land a new position.

IMO hold out for the cash :(
500 is alot of scratch with no inflow of funds. In either case I'm sorry you are forced to make the decision. Good luck :)

If you need the cash...wait for the Venom to sell. That's a hot piece right now with the chance of it selling for even more now that Spidey has finally been released. Either way I hope things work out for you. Good luck landing another job. I hate seeing collectors have to part with their pieces in these rough times.

If you need the cash...wait for the Venom to sell. That's a hot piece right now with the chance of it selling for even more now that Spidey has finally been released. Either way I hope things work out for you. Good luck landing another job. I hate seeing collectors have to part with their pieces in these rough times.

You have NO idea how hard it is to part with my collection... I love my hobby and I'm being forced to start over when I land on my feet. not a easy thing to do when I'm so far in already:(

It's entirely depends on which one you want more, but if you look at it value wise it's not the best of deals.The completed auctions on ebay for a reg venom is in the neighborhood of $500-$600, while the last Ryu VS Sagat exclusives were priced $325 or under and no takers.Anyway it's your choice but I can only see the Venom going up in value, reg or ex.

You have NO idea how hard it is to part with my collection... I love my hobby and I'm being forced to start over when I land on my feet. not a easy thing to do when I'm so far in already:(

Yeah, I feel for you. My cuz is going through a bitter divorce. It's so bad that she had him kicked out of the house. I had to put him up for months , he lost his job because he has a bad back, has no money because he turned all of his checks over to her, and he can't even see his kids. He is a collector as well. He has no choice but to put his whole collection up for sale. It's been brutal. We all love this hobby.

I can only say that things will get better for both of you. When it's all said and done you can always hunt down whatever pieces you want when you have a job and some money coming in. Taking care of yourself or your family must always be the top priority. I wish you the best of luck. Here's hoping 2011 gives you health, wealth, and happiness.

Let me start with a disclaimer: Venom is probably my favorite nonX-Men villain...

1. Venom is an immensely popular character and this is the best statue of him on the market
  2. Venom is 1/4th scale and the perfect companion piece to the Spiderman 1/4th
  3. Sideshow won't be making another Venom in 1/4th anytime soon
  4. The comiquette is very hot right now (check the WTB section) and, I believe, will continue to rise in value

That said, hold onto it and wait for it to sell. I understand that things may be rough, but there is no way I would trade my Venom comiquette for ANY dio outside of the Hulk vs. Spidey or X-Men Sentinel #1.

I think Venom will go up in value for sure, not sure about Ryu vs. Sagat but don't seem like a good trade for me. I would stick with Venom. There will not be another 1/4 scale Venom made for a while.

Let me start with a disclaimer: Venom is probably my favorite nonX-Men villain...

1. Venom is an immensely popular character and this is the best statue of him on the market
  2. Venom is 1/4th scale and the perfect companion piece to the Spiderman 1/4th
  3. Sideshow won't be making another Venom in 1/4th anytime soon
  4. The comiquette is very hot right now (check the WTB section) and, I believe, will continue to rise in value

That said, hold onto it and wait for it to sell. I understand that things may be rough, but there is no way I would trade my Venom comiquette for ANY dio outside of the Hulk vs. Spidey or X-Men Sentinel #1.

:goodpost: There is nonly two things I would trade towards my venom. Doom PF or Spidey PF(still an underrated piece IMHO)

Yeah thanks guys , i'm goin to hold onto it along with my bowen deadpool.... i want to complete the trio one day with carnage and spidey so this will be the LAST statue i sell in my collection... i believe things will get better for me :)

Back