Is there a good alternative to a besta?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny1976

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and wondering if there is a good alternative to a besta? I made the jump to PF's and found out (after the fact) that my local Ikea doesn't sell besta's.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ikea Stuva. Same height and width as a best, though they are deeper. I have the hulk and optimus prime maquette that fit into it :) and the best doors etc fit it as its the same width.

STUVA Frame - IKEA

Thank you for the advice.

To be honest I haven't went to Ikea however, when looking at the besta online and checking stock, it said the besta wasn't for sale in my area. Could that be a mistake?

I'm really hoping that is the case.

Thank you for the advice.

To be honest I haven't went to Ikea however, when looking at the besta online and checking stock, it said the besta wasn't for sale in my area. Could that be a mistake?

I'm really hoping that is the case.

Ikea just redid the entire Besta line and you were more than likely clicking on the old Besta links. If what you were looking at included shelves then they are indeed the old Besta designs, and the Ikea website no longer shows them in-stock at the stores anymore. The new ones are sold as the frame only and the shelves are sold separately.

You want to look on the website for Besta's that look like this:

besta-frame__0316161_PE513521_S4.JPG

And NOT like this:

besta-shelf-unit-brown__59467_PE165363_S4.JPG

This is the old and discontinued design.

Uncle Bingo,

Thank you very much as you are right. I just checked the website and found the besta frame is in stock at my local store.

Thanks again.:hi5:

Uncle Bingo,

Thank you very much as you are right. I just checked the website and found the besta frame is in stock at my local store.

Thanks again.:hi5:

You're welcome. Just remember if you decide to buy the new Besta frame you will have to buy shelves separately. If you want to see those just search for "besta shelf" on the Ikea website.

Back